Tuesday, February 7, 2012

UDI73 Quick Cards

One might call them bright, happy colors…. but I just couldn’t’ wrap my brain around this week’s color challenge from the Utah Divas International Design Team!  

After a while, it finally came to me… believe it or not, I actually made four cards until I was satisfied!   Today, I’m sharing them all with you… maybe you’ll be inspired to play along with our design team too!1.Punchy_flowers_Sharon_Field_Createdbyu_blogspot_020711

This is my favorite… and the last card I made!  We made this card at the card club meeting this month too!  Circle punched flowers, and blossom builder leaves were embossed using my Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine and assorted Textured Impressions Embossing Folders.2.punchy_flowers_blossom_builder+createdbyu_blogspot

The card stock edges were also sponged in their same colors to add depth.  The colors used in today’s challenge were Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Daffodil Delight, and Melon Mambo… a bright and happy card for a bright and happy combo, right?3.triple_loop_bow_saleabration_Bundle

The Sale-A-Bration bundled ribbon is a thin organdy… and it makes a very pretty triple loop bow!  To make a triple loop bow, just follow the directions in my Double Loop Bow Video or Step-By-Step Tutorial, and add one more round of ribbon!

Two more cards, LOL… the card on the left features the Tea Shoppe Stamp Set from the Occasions Mini Catalog.  The tea cup images were colored directly onto the stamp using challenge colors and markers.4.two_more-cards_UDI73_sharon_Field

The card on the right features images from The Best of Everything (flowers) and Dragonflies from the Natures Nest stamp set (one of my favorites).  5.punchy+flower-inspriation-scraps_sharon_field

Made from scraps, this was the third card I made using today’s color challenge palette… and it was the inspiration for the first card too.UDI73_Sharon_Field_Createdbyu_BLogspot

I suppose that’s supposed to be a Hawaiian flower applique… LOL, but it kind of looks like a tie died amoeba doesn’t it?

So… I’m sure the design team came up with some phenomenal samples this week as I fumbled around in my stamp room!  Be sure to visit the Utah Divas International Design Team Blog and check out the design team samples!  While you’re there, upload your very own color challenge inspired creation… Winking smile  I’m sure you’ll create something beautiful!

Online orders are always appreciated… visit my Online Stampin’ Up! Store to have your exclusive Stampin’ Up! items delivered to your door… or Contact Me to set up an in home workshop/party with stamping friends!

See you tomorrow with a new sketch challenge from the Stampin’ Queens… and I look forward to your compassionate and kind comments… LOL, everyone needs some of those!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Brain Dumps said...

All four are so beautiful. I love the "thinking of you."

http://www.braindumps.me/

Gail S. said...

Very cute! I love the circle flowers!! I am going to have to try some :)

Fabiola said...

super mignonne, biz

Tammy Bartlett said...

You did an awesome job staying with their theme!!! I love how creative you are on using a snowflake dry embossing technique for the center of the flower:) Thank for sharing!! :) be blessed
Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Donna Ellis said...

Sharon, Spring has sprung! At least on your blog :-) I especially like the round flowers - so cute and darling textures, and how the ribbon has been wrapped around and around. Thanks again for always showing fantastic ideas!

ellouise1969 said...

I think I like the 1st card too...so bright and bubbly and how simple...just circles. I may have to borrow this idea and do it with the kids as a craft idea....I love it. All the cards are wonderful, but I always find that the last idea is the gun card!!

Cindy Ware said...

I had fun making the first card in class! And I love the dragonflies! I have to make some more at home.