With just a quarter sheet of card stock, today’s Super Saturday Tutorial will walk you through how to make the cutest gusseted gift bag and enclosure card. Add an additional 1/4 sheet scrap in contrasting color, and you’ll have the cutest gift presentation… all wrapped up and ready to go!
Isn’t this the cutest? Standing just under 5” tall, today’s Super Saturday Tutorial shows you step by step how to make this adorable Top Note Gift Bag with a matching Gift Enclosure Card using just a few supplies you may already have on hand!
- A complete list of supplies for today’s Super Saturday Tutorial are listed at the end of this post for your convenience!
- If you have difficulty stamping a clean solid image using solid image stamps, review this post for helpful tips and suggestions!
Cutting and Scoring Card Stock:
Whisper White Card Stock:
- 4-1/4” x 11” cut into two pieces measuring 4-1/4” x 9” and 2” x 4”
- With the 9” edge butted into the top bar of the Simply Scored Tool, score the 4” x 9” card stock at 3.25”, 3.75”, 4.25”, 7.5”, 8”, and 8.5”
- Score the 2” x 4” piece at 2” to create a gift enclosure card.
- Using snips, cut to horizontal scored line on the 3.25”, 4.25”, 7.5” and 8.5” lines (shown as solid lines in the photo below.
- Cut away and discard small area shown with slash marks in the photo below.
Island Indigo 1/4 sheet card stock – cut one top note die cut, and then score as shown:
Step by Step Instructions for making the:
Top Note Gift Bag and Enclosure Card:
- Use bone folder to crease along all scored lines.
- Ink small flower image from “The Best Of Everything” stamp set using the brush end of the Island Indigo and Always Artichoke Markers.
- Stamp front of bag varying height of flowers as you stamp them along the bottom edge of the bag, re-applying marker ink for each stamped image. Once you have stamped all three images, color in the leaves using the Certainly Celery marker.
- Use the Extra Large Oval Punch to punch handle hole in folded top-note die cut.
- Apply Multipurpose Adhesive along 1/2” scored line and attach to inside/front of bag. Attach Punched Top Note topper to the back and top edge of the bag.
- Fold the bag sides in to form gusseted sides as shown above. Fold smaller bottom flaps toward the inside of the bag, and then glue longer flaps in place to form bag bottom as shown below.
- Close the top note bag topper and insert crop-a-dile tool through the handle opening and punch a 3/8” hole through all layers of the bag as shown.
Insert 14” of seam binding through both holes, front and back, loop around the handle opening and securely tie into a bow to close.
If desired, fold ribbon ends in half and use Craft Ribbon Scissors to trim the tails of the bow.
Add tiny rhinestones to the flowers along the bag front.
Ink “Made For You” image from the best of everything stamp set using island indigo ink, stamp direct to paper on the 2”x2” gift enclosure card. As a finishing touch, run the brush tip of the always artichoke marker around the perimeter of the card too!
Isn’t this cute? It would easily hold some pre-packaged brownies, cookies, candies or jewelry for someone special!
I hope you enjoyed today’s Top Note Gift Bag and Gift Enclosure Card tutorial! It’s a quick and easy family friendly project in a clean and simple (CAS) style I’ll be featuring at this months’ Sale-A-Bration Workshops.
Have you booked your sale-a-bration workshop party with friends yet? I’ve only got a couple dates open.. contact me to find out how you AND your friends can earn fabulous free product during the Sale-A-Bration Sales period!
Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a few more cards featuring the Best of Everything Stamp Set… I Hope you’ll stop by to say hi!
Supplies for today’s Super Saturday Tutorial:
Top Note Gift Bag and Gift Enclosure Card:
Stamps: The Best Of Everything (W 123534, C123536)
Card Stock: Whisper White (100730), Island Indigo (122923)
Ink and Markers: Island Indigo (122937), Always Artichoke (105113), Certainly Celery (105106), In Color Marker Set 2011-13 (123002)
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Top Note Die (113463), Extra Large Oval Punch (119859), Crop-A-Dile Punch/Tool, Simply Scored Scoring Tool (122334), bone folder (102300), paper snips (103579), Craft Scissors (108360).
Awesome Accessories: Always Artichoke Seam Binding (121000), Basic Jewel Rhinestones (119246), Multipurpose Adhesive (110755)
Shop my online Stampin’ up! Store to have your supplies delivered to your door!