Monday, February 13, 2012

Mini Tutorial: Get Well Band-Aid Card

Wow, this has been a crazy weekend hasn’t it?  A new flower tutorial on Saturday, a second mini tutorial for the Perfect Die-Cut Shim on Sunday, and now a third mini tutorial!  LOL… I may have to take a mini break from writing tutorials… just kidding!

This is NOT my original idea, but I am putting my twist or touch on it.  I first saw a band aid card on Sophia’s card from  Sunny Stampin’ a few years ago with a punched band aid.  I was reminded of that card when I saw a smiling band aid image stamped three times on a recent issue of Paper Crafts Magazine.  (LOL… just went to find and look at Sophia’s card and I see I have no breathing holes in the main part of my band aid.. oops!!)

I actually made today’s Clean and Simple (CAS) card twice… I wasn’t happy with the proportions the first time.. does that ever happen to you?CAS_BandAid_1_Sharon_Field_0212

That’s the first one… too much very vanilla ‘white space’ kind of threw off the proportions of the CAS band aid card.2.Alternate_View_Sharon_Field_CAS_Band_Aid_Card_0212

This is the second one.. much better don’t you think?  The vanilla card stock was downsized from a 3.5” square to 2.75” square, the lower heart was swapped out for a more elongated style and moved to the right side of the card.  Big difference such little things can make!!  Of course it’s a CAS and less than 5-minute card… so it took seconds to re-make once I figured out what was bothering me!!Random_dot_Placement_One_SharonFieldP1100923

This is the band aid on the first card too… too many dots erratically positioned on the card stock, and a bit messy.Perfect_Dot_Placement_Band_Aid_Card_CAS

The second one has much more even placement of dots in just three offset rows!  The edges of the card stock were sponged using a dauber and Crumb Cake ink, and the only popped up elements on this card are the band aid’s center square and the lower, elongated heart.

Supply List:

Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Real Red (for heart punches), Chocolate Chip DSP with a small pattern, Peach Parfait OR Groovy Guava OR Blushing Bride OR YOUR CHOICE for band-aid color

Stamps:  Sincere Salutations

Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso

Awesome Accessories:  Stampin’ Dimensionals (2), adhesive

Terrific Tools:  Mat Pack and paper piercing tool or grid paper, 1” Square Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, sponge dauber, Paper Trimmer or Tabletop Paper Cutter

Paper Cutting for today’s Band Aid CAS Get Well Card:

Crumb Cake:  5.5” x 8.5” folded in half or scored at 4.25”

Printed DSP:  3/4” x 4-1/4”

Very Vanilla:  2-3/4” square

Band Aid:  1” x 3” and one 1” square Punch

Step by Step mini tutorial for today’s

Band Aid Get Well Clean and Simple Quick Card

  1. Sponge the edges of band-aid card stock, hearts, and very vanilla card stock using crumb cake classic ink and sponge dauber.
  2. Ink Get Well Soon with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink, stamp in lower/right  of very vanilla card stock… approximately 1/2” up from the bottom and right edges.
  3. Attach DSP to edge, and attach Vanilla card stock, overlapping slightly.
  4. Add dots to band aid… you can do this by aligning the band aid paper with grid paper and follow the grid lines for spacing and placement, or use a mat pack and chocolate chip marker.Eyeballing_dot_placcemetn_using_Grid_paperOR_USE_mat_pack_and_marker
  5. The Black Lines are where you’ll place rows one and three… the red lines are for row two.  Notice that the first hole marked is in second position, and one space is left between each mark (photo above) and the second row begins in the first position (photo below).Black_Lines_Rows1and3
  6. When you remove the grid, everything is spaced nicely!Perfect_placement_achieved_Simply
  7. Simply glue to the card front, attach the sponged matching square with a dimensional dot, and small punched red heart to the center.

One of my blog readers recently asked how I get such perfectly positioned dots on my cards… in particular the recent The Best of Everything card card ensemble.  And this is how!

Sharon_Field_CAS_Band_Aid_Card_0212 - Copy

Hope you enjoyed today’s mini tutorial and the three day marathon of tutorials, LOL!! 

I’ve got two dates remaining for a free sale-a-bration party with friends!  Contact ME to book your party today!

Tomorrow I’ll be back with a new card for the Utah Divas International Challenge.  I hope you’ll stop back by to say hi!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Fabiola said...

c'est charmant, biz

Janet (Kopi Kat Cards) said...

Thank you so much for a great tutorial - especially the dots!!! Now I have to find a 'mat pack' - or the English equivalent - but I'm determined - its straight dots or nothing for me from now on!! Thanks again Sharon.

Regina said...

what a fantastic idea! You are so clever!
Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Field said...

If you can find really tiny grid plastic canvas it may work for you... otherwise try architects tools, rulers, etc... they sometimes have evenly positioned holes too!

ellouise1969 said...

Love this idea Sharon...esp being a nurse....perhaps the seed planted for something different for all my brave kiddy patients!! I now quite often make a couple of my cards...each with a small change...so I don't have 2 exactly the same...LOL. brilliant card. ooxx

Sharon Field said...

Fabulous! Ellouise, what a wonderful thing to do.. I bet the kids love getting their own unique and special cardds too! Thanks for your sweet comment!