Sunday, February 19, 2012

Making Paper Flowers and Tutorials

Yesterday’s blog post shared a different version of the Starburst Flower from a week or so ago.  You also had a little sneak peek of other flowers I have been experimenting with.

FlowerTutorials_Sharon_Field_Createdbyu_Blogspot

In the lower right corner, you see a satin ribbon rose… this one is very, very easy to create, and a bit different from my Ribbon Rosette shown in THIS Tutorial from My Creative Mess.  Instead of sewing a spider web to weave the ribbon, it’s merely twisted and rolled around a center knot.  There’s a terrific tutorial on the web already for this technique, you can find it HERE.SatinRibbon_Rose_Tutorial_Sharon_Field

I made mine a bit differently… if you watch the tutorial, you will see her use a hot glue gun to secure the ribbon twists.  I always burn my fingers with the hot glue gun and get strings all over the place, LOL…

Today’s tips for paper crafters:

  • Instead of a hot glue gun, I used Mini Glue dots!!  They work just as well, and you don’t stand a chance of burning your fingers!

Another flower shown was a newsprint rose or paper flower. Newsprint_rose_flower_with_tutorial_link That one was made using a fabulous and easy to follow tutorial from Chez Moi.  It took me a couple times to make this flower… I kept wanting to tighten it more, but the soft  and open look is really better.  I do have one tip to add to the tutorial, LOL… and this is really funny because I kept starting with the wrong end of the newsprint!!

  • After viewing the tutorial from Le Blog Chez Moi, be sure to begin rolling your rose using the narrowest end (outside edge) of the newsprint.  Once you’ve rolled the rose, the center kind of circle shape is what you’ll use to secure and hold the rose in place!

Tomorrow I’ll share the pleated satin ribbon rose technique… I came up with that one myself, so I need to take a few more photos!

Update on our cat… he’s feeling a bit better thanks to a few cc’s of pedialyte!!  Got to keep them hydrated when they’re sick!  At least he’s talking, jumping and eating now!

I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Fabiola said...

superbe tes fleurs! biz

Kelly Wentling said...

Hi Sharon! These flowers are gorgeous!! I have lots to catch up on and need to read some directions in the next day or so. Better go get ready for church now. Thanks for sharing with us.

Kelly Wentling said...

Sharon, so glad to hear your kitty is doing better! It's so hard when they are sick and especially if you have just lost one. So sorry for your loss.

Elaine Wheeler said...

Hi Sharron, I'm Elaine , what can I say but ......WOW !!
Your creations are amazing, fabulous ...well done.
Elaine W

Nancy Lempinen said...

Beautiful flowers, hope to watch the tutorial within a day or two, love the variety of looks one can achieve.
Thanks for sharing

ellouise1969 said...

Firstly....glad to hear that Kitty got a pick me up and is doing better.
I love these flowers. Thanks for providing the links. Love the ribbon roses...now all I need is some TIME!!! Thanks for putting this all together Sharon.

Robin said...

I can never get too many tutorials on flowers. Thanks a bunch!