Monday, February 27, 2012

Inspired by Pinterest, Paper Doily Die

WOW… now that my paper doily die works like a dream, I can enjoy playing with it over and over again!!  Thanks to the Perfect Die Cut shim kit, my doily die makes perfect die cuts each and every time!

A week or so ago, I found a card on Pinterest, and immediately pinned it… the maker used a doily die cut on the fold of a card, and I thought it would be a perfect fun match for the paper doily Large Sizzix Die!!paper_doily_die_fold_insert_on_Card

LOL… I added a few more layers, embossing, punched sentiment, paper daisies and pleated satin ribbon.  But you can see the card I originally pinned on Pinterest HERE.vellum_embossed+paper_daisies

Card stock vellum was embossed using the elegant lines textured embossing folder.   After attaching with multipurpose adhesive, it was very easy to disguise the glued dots using pearl jewels and paper daisies.inside_view_Stamped_with_borderlines_and_up_and_Away

I had to take the card outside to get a true color photo… even though it was an overcast day, the photos came out much clearer and brighter than they did in my dark and gloomy abode.5.waxpaper_doily_die_cut_sharon_field_Createdbyu_Blogspot

The paper doily large sizzix die cut was done with wax paper… btw a great way to ‘oil’ or wax your die cut blades too, but it could have just as easily been card stock vellum!

This weekend I had a chance to make 50 more of the perfect die cut shim kits!   The response has been fabulous, from buyers all over the world!!  I’ll need to make more this week I am sure, but this was my DD’s birthday weekend, so we had to do something special other than making kits!soft_subtle_borderlines_and_paper_Daisy_layered_with_boho_Blossoms

Up in the air stamp set was inked direct to stamp using the brush tip of my markers… and a borderlines stamp set vine was stamped to the right.  A paper daisy, boho blossom punched embossed daffodil delight card stock center was topped with a basic pearl jewel… I like the way the inside came out, hope you do too.

Hope to see you back here tomorrow… for a new Utah Divas International Color Challenge Winking smile

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Fabiola said...

superbe, l'embossage est magnifique. biz

Ellen Parker said...

What a unique way to use the doily die! I just love how it looks. Beautiful card, Sharon!!
hugs,
Ellen

Anita A. said...

Stunning card! This die is on my wish list.

Patrice H said...

WOW! This is great! You are so darn cleaver! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tammy said...

Very lovely!!! I Love the vellum embossing along with the oily die cut----be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Charissa - The Gifted Blog said...

Hi Sharon - Just wanted to thank you for visiting my blog and your kind words. It's great to check out your blog! Good for you for taking inspiration from Pinterest and then making something yourself - I feel it can be so easy to just get lost in everything that's posted there and not translate it into your own creative practice.