Friday, February 24, 2012

Have A Seat Sale-A-Brate the Paper Doily

Was that Sale-A-Brate or celebrate? LOL, I’m doing both how about you?  Today’s card was designed and put together in just about 15 minutes… after I gave a brief squaring up quilting lesson to my friend, I realized I hadn’t made a card for today’s post!

Die-cuts have totally revolutionized card making and scrapbooking, haven’t they?  I have a Cricut Expressions machine, but never use it… LOL, too impatient to wait for it to cut all the pieces. 

I LOVE my Big Shot die-cutting machine, and I LOVE my Paper Doily Die now that I’ve discovered the Perfect Die-Cut Shim Kit!!  All those tricky little pieces cut perfectly and fall away first time and first roll through the big shot die-cutting machine!  I’ll tell you  more about that later… here’s my quick 15 minute card!

1.deacons bench have a seat stamp set

Have a Seat is a stamp set including 4 hardwood chair images… it was on my must have list from day one!  I love bow-back chairs, and immediately fell in love with the deacons’ bench!   My maternal Grandmother had one, and I’d always admired it.   A few years ago I found one in a furniture consignment shop… it’s one of my favorite pieces!close up on created by you

The bow back chair is an artisan piece… what’s not to love?  there’s also a single bow back chair, ladder back and one more chair whose name escapes me in the 4 piece “have a seat” stamp set.sale a bration greeting

Today’s sentiment was borrowed from a Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set called “Elementary Elegance”… I just love the elegant script, don’t you?  LOL, wish my handwriting was that nice!!ruched ribbon and perfect die cut shim kit

Ruched ribbon is so easy to do… simply pull one thread in the center of the ribbon and gather!!  It’s easiest to do with a loose weave ribbon like the Stampin Up seam binding, but works well with organza and satin ribbon as well.

Back to the Perfect Die-Cut Shim Kit….  this something you NEED, trust me!!  It is tested, tried and true… and it is an adjustable kit that will work for YOU!!

Your machine may be loose… or it may be nice and new… but the perfect die-cut shim is a kit that adjusts to your machine and your needs!  The kits are available for just $7.00 plus s/h and will be mailed directly to you.  S/H will be adjusted if you are ordering multiple kits as several may fit in one package.  Contact ME to order your perfect die-cut shim kit today!  Payments will be accepted through paypal… easy peasy!!

Here’s another card featuring the Have A Seat Stamp Set…  I’m just beginning to have fun with this adorable collection!

Hope you’ll join me tomorrow for a brand new Super Saturday Tutorial!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

MzCookie said...

Very cute card...and I keep forgetting to email you and thank you for the magic shim. It works like there's no tomorrow. I now am going to keep the die and not have to throw it under the 'street' asphalt roller to make it work....LOL. Thank you again for the tool.

Elaine Wheeler said...

This is so simple but so effective well done, lovely stamp, would have many uses.
Hugs elaine