Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Best of Everything, More and More!

I’ve had a little quality time with the Best of Everything Stamp Set lately.  This simple solid image stamp set really lends itself to Clean and Simple (CAS) stamping.

On Saturday, my Super Saturday Tutorial featured a top note handle topped box (HERE).  And on Sunday, I showed you several more cards using this cute little stamp set and just one of the images (See THIS POST).

Today and tomorrow I’ll be sharing more cards featuring the Best of Everything… all with a CAS design element conducive to 5 minute card making!1.best_of-everything_mary_englebreit_rose

This card is a little whimsical CAS card using the reverse side of scalloped polka dot ribbon along with a Mary Englebreit inspired simple circle flower/rose similar to the roses shared in this week’s UDI 73 CAS, Quick and Easy Card Design.2.englebreit_rose_with_Faux_Stitched_accents

Three circle sizes were glued DTP (direct to paper) with punched leaves from the Blossom Builder Punch.  Faux stitching and a tiny white center ‘dot’ were added with a white gel pen… giving the rose a special character of it’s own and mimicking the outline stitched blooms from the best of everything stamped bloom.3.bestofevrything_ribbon_flower_thankYou_Card

  • Tri color ribbon bands were glued directly to a 4” x 5-1/4” piece of  Whisper White Card Stock and then marker’d flowers were stamped at the angled ends of the flowers. 
  • After stamping the sentiment, the card front was mounted to an 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” Old Olive card stock layer before attaching to an A-2 (standard 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” fold-over) card base.

Are you a clean and simple stamper?  LOL, unfortunately I love just about every style of stamping there is… Girly Grunge, Shabby Chic, Steam Punk< Vintage, Mixed Media… to name a few.  Every now and then, a stamp set just screams “make me clean and simple”… and that would be this “Best of Everything” stamp set!

Tomorrow I’ll share a couple more samples featuring this stamp set… and on Saturday you’ll be treated to another free Super Saturday Tutorial… hope you will stop back by to say hi!

If you don’t already own this stamp set, and would love to add it to your collection, be sure to visit my Online Stampin’ Up! store, where you can have your exclusive Stampin’ Up! products and designs delivered to your door!

In the mean time, I’m off to edit more photos!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Cindy Ware said...

Really cute! I love the white faux stitching & hi-light.

Vdoyle8 said...

SO cute! I love this set - thank you for the inspiration.

ellouise1969 said...

Wowsers Sharon. You mojo is def firing on all cylinders at present. These are gorjus. I love the idea of the flowers with the ribbon!!! I am also thinking the circle flower may be a good project for my crafty kids to try....thanks for all your inspiration. I am a CASE stamper...I see other's ideas and put my twist on them....altho a couple of originals spew out occasionally!!

Sharon Graham said...

Love the layouts on both of these. TFS

Sylvia said...

Sharon I like all of these cards but especially love the first one. I love your blog and get every update when you post. I don't leave many comments but I need to let you know how appreciated you are!

Annette said...

Sharon, both of these cards are beautiful. I love the flat rose and especially love the tri colour ribbon bands. Thanks for yet more inspiration.

Elaine Jones said...

Hi Sharon,

It is nice to meet you on your BLOG and I am now following you (doesn't that sound like I am stalking) I am really interested in your site and love your card designs.

I have a friend here in the U.K. who is and independent Stampin' Up demonstrator. I sometimes go to her Saturday classes and in return I am teaching her to crochet.

Thank you for your comment on my decorative boxes.

Elaine Jones