Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Best Of Everything… Many Times!

The Best of Everything is a very simple little stamp set with 8 images and two sentiments.  I’ve been working with it for a couple days… the simplistic style lends itself to clean and simple stamping (CAS)… and that is a personal challenge for me, LOL.

There is one image from the stamp set that I had anticipated being the easiest to use and my goodness did it ever stump me.. .so much for pre-judging a stamped image! Does that ever happen to you?  1.thebestofeverything_oncreatedbyu_Blogspot_P1100809

Needless to say, I had a particular card design in mind… but it just wouldn’t come together, and believe me these are just a few of my feeble attempts at making this card…  c'est la vie!

LOL… I think this was my fourth attempt at making the card using Sale-A-Bration Designer Series Paper.  I kept ripping it apart and re-doing it, finally settling on this card.  I think I just got tired of ripping it apart, LOL!2.P1100816_riverrock_bravoburgundy

So I changed up the colors… opting for River Rock, Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla.  I also added a little embossing and a birthday stamped image from the Happiest Birthday Wishes Hostess set found on page 10 of the Idea Book and Catalog… LOL, still not thrilled with the card!3.createdbyu_blogspot_Com_thebestofeverythingP1100805

So.. I changed the color palette a bit, adding bashful blue and glitter… 4.P1100820_createdbyu_blogspot_another_palette

Then tried a button instead of the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamped image.6.faux_Thread_Technique_And_Glitter_P1100825

And added a little ‘faux thread’… a technique shared at the January Leadership convention!  There actually is no thread in the button at all, instead the thread was painted on using a white gel pen… isn’t that a fun tip for today my paper crafting friends?7.theBestOfEverything_Sharon_Field_7.P1100791

And changed the palette around one more time… this time bashful blue, Island Indigo, Always Artichoke, and Whisper White along with a printed in-color brad.  I think this is my favorite!  What do you think?

LOL… sometimes the card just won’t come out of my brain!

Have a great day, and I hope to see you back here tomorrow.

I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs!

Sharon

Pin It!

10 comments:

Annette said...

Ooh, they are all so pretty Sharon. My favourites would be the River Rock and then the final Bashful Blue with the Artichoke bow. Thanks also to the great tip for faux thread. No more trying to thread tiny pieces of card stock through the button holes.

Ellen Parker said...

Hi Sharon. Definitely the last one is my fav! It is gorgeous with the printed paper and that bow! I love your color combo on that one too. I am working on getting better with CAS so I understand your frustration!!
hugs,
Ellen

Susan Carlson said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences and trial with us - even the photos. I appreciate the gel pen trick, too!

Fabiola said...

elles sont toutes très jolies, simple et élégante, biz

Patrice H said...

CAS! Yikes, me too! You however, are perfecting this technique very nicely my friend. I like them all especially the first one with the pretty doodling lines on the outside of the focal card. Then the second, third and forth ones .

Tammy Bartlett said...

Sharon!! How cute are you???? I really like every color scheme---each one is so pleasing to the eye!!! Yes---but I can so feel ya ---meaning on most project creations, the Lord has shown me enough of a glimpse to begin---but I rarely know what it will be like at the end!!! Just praying and listening and oh my goodness---that's what takes so much time!! the heart that goes into everything:) Beautiful job!! I'm about to begin my projects for this week's post---woo hoo hallelujah!!! Your card (s) are lovely:)be blessed

Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Tammy Bartlett said...

Oh and I love the faux thread idea plus the corrugated paper!!!be blessed

Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Patricia Huber said...

Sharon,
I always LOVE your cards. I know you struggle sometimes, but we all do. I am a much better "technique" demonstrator that a designer. So, I always appreciate what you do. Just wanted you to know...and I had to laugh about all the different color combinations.

Sharong725 said...

Buggers,I can't see anything but grey boxes...

ellouise1969 said...

Again...the last one is the GUN card...see!!!! I am always stumped with the simple...usually cause I overcomplicate it WAY too much!!! Love all of them Sharon.