Today’s Utah Divas International Design Team Color Challenge UDI70 features a tower of tea cups using the Morning Cup Stamp Set from the Idea Book & Catalog 2011-12!
I’m loving my new Paper Doily Sizzlit Die… LOL, now that I know how to use it! Apparently there’s a few tips that paper crafters need to know when using this die in their die cutting machines!
Tips for die cutting the Paper Doily Sizzlit Die:
- Discard that old and warped cutting plate… you’re going to need a fairly fresh new plate when cutting with the paper doily die!
- Order card stock sandwich onto tab 1 of the multipurpose platform: Cutting plate/card stock/paper doily facing DOWN/cutting plate.
- Dependent upon the tightness of your particular die cutting machine, you may need a paper shim beneath the bottom clear acrylic plate too!
- Roll slowly through the big shot die cutting machine, allowing time for the cutting edges to work.
- It’s ok to roll it backwards again if you’d like
- Once you remove the die cut from your machine, roll the card stock into a gentle curve to release tiny parts
- Use a paper piercing tool or embossing stylus to pop out other tiny parts.
The tower of tea cups was colored using markers. LOL, I added a row of polka dots to the top tea cup, the large contemporary polka dots to the second cup down and stripes on the third cup too.
Rose red designer series paper was embossed using the finial press embossing folder, then gently sanded to reveal the white core. A little contrast was added too by adding a lucky limeade modern label and word window punch layered sentiment.
Old Olive 1/8” taffeta ribbon was looped through the paper doily die and knotted to the side.
Tea cups and pearls, they just go together don’t they?
Even with everything going on here, this card has a fairly flat profile… the USPS would probably want a 64 cent stamp on it though!
Today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge has us using whisper white, basic gray, pear pizzazz and rose red in a card… I added a few more colors too I hope you’ll play along with us this week.. you know the drill!
Are you entering this week’s mega blog candy give-away? I’ve been enjoying all the lovely comments, and looking forward to reading more! Both the international and US blog candy winners will be announced next Monday.. but you need to be in it to win! Read THIS POST for details!
Shop Online for today’s Tower of Tea Cups Morning Cup Card
Stamps: Morning Cup(W 116988, C120489), Teeny Tiny Wishes(115370)
Papers: Rose Red (102544), Basic Gray (100730)(121044), Whisper White , Pear Pizzazz (119795), Lucky Limeade (122926). Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117152)
Inks: Basic Gray (109120)
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Finial Press Embossing Folder(115963), Elegant Lines Embossing Folder (119277), Paper Doily Extra Large Sizzlit (125592), Extra Large Oval Punch (119859), Ovals #2 Die (114525), Modern Label Punch,(119849) Word Window Punch (119857), Designer Frames Embossing Folder Set (123130)
Awesome Accessories: Old Olive 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon (1119256), Basic Pearls Jewels, (119247) Many Marvelous Markers (119806), Sanding Block (124304), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)