A fun little Valentine basket. Brings vision of the old childhood game “A tisket a tasket…” Lol, don’t recall how the rest of the poem went, do you?
In today’s Super Saturday Tutorial, you will create a cute little Valentine basket perfect for holding approximately one cup full of sweet treats!
Stamps: Take It To Heart
Paper: Pretty In Pink, Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose, Melon Mambo
Terrific Tools: Hearts Collection Framelits Dies, Simply Scored, Crop-A-Dile, Bone Folder, Sanding Block, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
Awesome Accessories: (9”) Melon Mambo Dotted Scalloped Ribbon, (15) Stampin’ Dimensionals, (2) brads, SNAIL or adhesive of choice
Step by Step Tiny Valentine Basket Tutorial:
- Cut Pretty In Pink card stock:
- 10.5” x 6”
- .75” x 10.5”
- With the long side of the 2.25” x 6” card stock along the top rail of the Simply Scored board, score at 2”, 4”, 6”, 8” and 10”.
- Turn card stock so the 6” edge is along the top rail and score at 1” and 3.75”. Cut to scored lines, and remove overlap excess forming a tab along the 1/2” scored edge as shown in the photo below.
- Use Bone folder to crease along all scored lines.
- Cut (5) Pretty In Pink Designer Series Paper Panels at 2” x 1.75” and affix to basket aligning approximately 3/8” from the scored 6” line.
- Fold in wide bottom flaps to form basket bottom, overlapping and gluing between layers.
- Optional: Use sanding block to gently round the five 1” flap corner sets.
- Set the Crop-A-Dile punch tool guide to a depth of 3/4”. Fold all basket flaps downward (over DSP panels) and punch a small hole in two opposite sides of the basket.
- Using the same punch hole and settings, use the crop-a-dile punch to punch holes in the ends of the .75” x 10.5” basket handle.
- Attach handle to the inside of the basket with the brad prongs facing outward (showing on the flaps). The smooth head of the brad will be visible on the interior of the basket.
- Attach Melon Mambo ribbon to flaps, burying the ends so they don’t show, and also so that the ribbon covers the brad ends.
- Stamp (5) medium heart images from Take It To Heart onto Whisper White Card Stock scrap using Regal Rose ink. Align the images in the Hearts Framelits, and cut using the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine.
- Stamps (5) tiny heart images from Take It To Heart onto Whisper White card stock scraps, and die cut using the corresponding heart framelit and big shot die cutting machine.
- Attach one tiny heart to each larger heart using a stampin’ dimensional, and then attach each heart duo to a panel of your basket using two stampin dimensionals!
Congratulations, you’re Done!
Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tiny valentine basket tutorial! I look forward to reading your comments!
Be sure to check back tomorrow for a very special NEW announcement If you’ve been following my blog, you probably already know what it is… but if you don’t, well.. just check back tomorrow!
Stamps: Take It To Heart (W 125520, C 125522)
Paper: Pretty In Pink (100459), Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117152), Whisper White (101650)
Ink: Regal Rose (105211), Melon Mambo(115656)
Terrific Tools: Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (125599), Simply Scored, Crop-A-Dile (108362), Bone Folder (102300), Sanding Block(124304), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)
Awesome Accessories: (9”) Melon Mambo Dotted Scalloped Ribbon (122985), (15) Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), (2) silver brads 104366), SNAIL (104332)or adhesive of choice