Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tiny Valentine Basket Tutorial

A fun little Valentine basket.  Brings vision of the old childhood game “A tisket a tasket…” Lol, don’t recall how the rest of the poem went, do you?Valentine_treat_basket_by_Sharon_FIeld

In today’s Super Saturday Tutorial, you will create a cute little Valentine basket perfect for holding approximately one cup full of sweet treats!

Supplies:

Stamps:  Take It To Heart

Paper:  Pretty In Pink, Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack, Whisper White

Ink:  Regal Rose, Melon Mambo

Terrific Tools:  Hearts Collection Framelits Dies, Simply Scored, Crop-A-Dile, Bone Folder, Sanding Block, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine

Awesome Accessories:  (9”) Melon Mambo Dotted Scalloped Ribbon, (15) Stampin’ Dimensionals, (2) brads, SNAIL or adhesive of choice

 

Step by Step Tiny Valentine Basket Tutorial:

  1. Cut Pretty In Pink card stock: 
    • 10.5” x 6”
    • .75” x 10.5”
  2. With the long side of the 2.25” x 6” card stock along the top rail of the Simply Scored board, score at 2”, 4”, 6”, 8” and 10”.
  3. Turn card stock so the 6” edge is along the top rail and score at 1” and 3.75”.  Cut to scored lines, and remove overlap excess forming a tab along the 1/2” scored edge as shown in the photo below.2_cut_Card_Stock_Create_Flap
  4. Use Bone folder to crease along all scored lines.
  5. Cut (5) Pretty In Pink Designer Series Paper Panels at 2” x 1.75” and affix to basket aligning approximately 3/8” from the scored 6” line.
  6. Fold in wide bottom flaps to form basket bottom, overlapping and gluing between layers.3.fold_bottom_flaps_inward
  7. Optional:  Use sanding block to gently round the five 1” flap corner sets.
  8. Set the Crop-A-Dile punch tool guide to a depth of 3/4”.  Fold all basket flaps downward (over DSP panels) and punch a small hole in two opposite sides of the basket.4._Using_The_Crop_a_dile_tool6._punch_through_Flaps_too
  9. Using the same punch hole and settings, use the crop-a-dile punch to punch holes in the ends of the .75” x 10.5”  basket handle.
  10. Attach handle to the inside of the basket with the brad prongs facing outward (showing on the flaps).  The smooth head of the brad will be visible on the interior of the basket.7._Smooth_Side_of_Brad_inside-view
  11. Attach Melon Mambo ribbon to flaps, burying the ends so they don’t show, and also so that the ribbon covers the brad ends.
  12. Stamp (5) medium heart images from Take It To Heart onto Whisper White Card Stock scrap using Regal Rose ink.  Align the images in the Hearts Framelits, and cut using the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine.
  13. Stamps (5) tiny heart images from Take It To Heart onto Whisper White card stock scraps, and die cut using the corresponding heart framelit and big shot die cutting machine.
  14. Attach one tiny heart to each larger heart using a stampin’ dimensional, and then attach each heart duo to a panel of your basket using two stampin dimensionals!8._Add_stamped_and_die_Cut_heart_embellishments

Congratulations, you’re Done!

Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy tiny valentine basket tutorial!  I look forward to reading your comments!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for a very special NEW announcement Winking smile   If you’ve been following my blog, you probably already know what it is… but if you don’t, well.. just check back tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sharon

9_Tiny_Valentine_Basket_Sharon_Field_And_Shopping_ListShopping List:

Stamps: Take It To Heart (W 125520, C 125522)

Paper: Pretty In Pink (100459), Subtles Patterns Designer Series Paper Stack (117152), Whisper White (101650)

Ink: Regal Rose (105211), Melon Mambo(115656)

Terrific Tools: Hearts Collection Framelits Dies (125599), Simply Scored, Crop-A-Dile (108362), Bone Folder (102300), Sanding Block(124304), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439)

Awesome Accessories: (9”) Melon Mambo Dotted Scalloped Ribbon (122985), (15) Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), (2) silver brads 104366), SNAIL (104332)or adhesive of choice

Pin It!

20 comments:

Cherie said...

Hi Sharon
Great little 3D project.......you may want to check your measurements - I think that the Pretty in Pink c/s needs to be 10.25" x 6.5" and maybe another score measurement at step 2. The first photo is good enough to work out anyway. Thanks for sharing

Ellen Parker said...

Hey Cindy, your Valentine basket is so adorable! Thanks for the tutorial
hugs,
Ellen

Ellen Parker said...

OH NO! I'm sorry. I just realized I said Cindy in my comment but I meant SHARON!!! That is what I get for leaving comments without drinking my coffee first. I'm sooooo sorry. Please forgive me :(

Mary R/ said...

Love this! "a green and yellow basket. I wrote a letter to my love and on the way I lost it." LOL You may have that stuck in my head now!

Barb Slaughter said...

Sharon, this is awesome. I love your work...
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Ellentaylor38 said...

sweet box! Thanks for sharing your instructions! I will have to come back and give this a try!

Lisa808 said...

Super cute! Thanks for the great tutorial.

Fabiola said...

oh c'est adorable! biz

Jan Farring said...

Absolutely precious - now that's going over in MY head too and I'm old enough to remember it!! LOL

A-tisket a-tasket
A green and yellow basket
I wrote a letter to my love
And on the way I dropped it,
I dropped it,
I dropped it,
And on the way I dropped it.
A little boy he picked it up and put it in his pocket.

Lynda S said...

Hi Sharon. This is so v v cute....but I am a little confused abt the initial dimensions of the Pretty In Pink CS. Step one has 2.25 x 6.5" od CS, but u score at 2,4,6 and 8??? Am I missing something. Regardless....I think this is a magical wee project.

Sharon Field said...

OMG.. thanks so much for pointing this out!! I will make sure to correct it right away! Doing too much at once again, such a terrible habit!

Sbhokanson said...

Actually it is 10.5"x6.25" I tried it out and had to cut off .25" on the 6.5" side. Looking at Sharon's picture it would be an additional score at 10" on direction 2.

Connie Smith said...

really, really cute...may have to try this one!!

Sharon Field said...

Thanks for catching my typo! I'll fix it right away!

Sharon Field said...

Wow.. the actual basket measurement was 10.5 x 6" I've corrected the measurements in the tutorial.. thanks for pointing out the incongruities in the directions ladies!

Katherinerock said...

What a fabulous idea - I think I'm going to make these with my girls today! TFS

Donna said...

This is adorable! I can't wait to try it! Thank you for sharing your tutorial with us. It's so nice to be able to find people willing to share.

Regina said...

what a lovely basket! Perfect for Valentines candy!
Th♥nks for your tutorial!
Regina

Beth said...

Sharon, I'm trying to make this basket, but I am confused on the part that says "Cut to scored lines & remove overlap excess forming a tab along the 1/2" scored edge as shown in photo". There is no 1/2" scored edge, only a 1" one as stated in #3. What am I missing. Also, #2 still has wrong measurements in it. Thanks for your help. Beth
Bethluvs2kraft@aol.com

Teri Couture said...

How cute is THAT!!! LOVE it!