Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SQSC22 Life Is Like A Bowl Of Cherries

Man, I really need to clean my stamp room!  When I originally made the card for today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge, I grabbed a piece of designer series paper from a stack on my stamp room table… (the one shown in the background) but I have no clue what the name of it is.. do you?SQSC22_Sharon_Field

It’s not in the Sale-A-Bration, Occasions, or Current Idea Book & Catalog.. YIKES!! So, this week I failed my design team partners by not using current stuff on my card!!  Sorry guys!

Today’s card reminds me of the infamous Forrest Gump quote… “Life is like a box of chocolates…”  Why not a bowl of cherries?

2.bowl_OF_Cherries

The stamp set however, is current, entitled “Cherish Friendship”.  Images in the 4 piece stamp set include a goose (duck?), wooden chair with a basket of flowers, and sentiment (Friends are kind to each other’s hopes and cherish each other’s dreams).  The cherries, bowl, and leaves were colored using markers and an aqua painter brush.3.jewelry_tag_punch_and_mini_library_Clip_Sentiment

Thanks so much was borrowed from the tiny tags stamp set, stamped in night of navy and punched using the jewelry tag punch.  After mounting it onto the card with a stampin’ dimensional pop dot, the tiny tag looked a little bland and plain, so I added a mini library clip.4.unknown_Dsp_basic_pearls_jewels

Three pretty self adhesive large basic pearls jewels adorn the corner of Rose Red Designer Series paper.5.pretty_long-tailed_Single-loop_bow

After attaching rose red grosgrain ribbon across the front two card layers, tiny bows were added with three mini glue dots too.6.bowl_of_Cherries-and_accessories_profile

Everything is quite flat on today’s SQSC22 challenge card, the only dimension is from the raised bowl of cherries, mini library clip and bows.SQSC022

Today’s sketch challenge would be perfect to use the new labels collection framelits dies… guess I didn’t have mine on hand when I hand crafted today’s card!

Come play along with the design team this week!  Simply create a card or scrapbook page using today’s sketch SQSC22, and then visit the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Blog to upload the url of your creation!

Just four more days until I announce the US and international blog candy winners!! There’s still plenty of time for you to win this ultimate blog candy offerings!  Read this post for details, and please leave a sweet comment too.  Winking smile

Today I’m at the Leadership Conference in San Antonio… later today and this week, I’ll be sharing some of the make ‘n takes, and maybe a stepped up version or two.. don’t forget to stop back by!

Hugs,

Sharon

7._Sharon_Field_SQSC22_shopping_list

Shop Online  for supplies for today’s  Bowl of Cherries Card:

Stamps:  Cherish Friendship (W 122880, C 122882), Tiny Tags (W 118091, C 118592)

Ink:  Early Espresso (119670)

Papers:  Whisper White (100730), Wisteria Wonder (122922), Night Of Navy (100867), Subtles Collection Patterns Designer Series Paper Pack, Unknown DSP

Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine (113439), Scallop Square Duo Bigz Die (120903), Jewelry Tag Punch (117190), Aqua Painter (103954)

Awesome Accessories:  Mini Library Clips (109857), Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon (124332), Many Marvelous Markers (119806), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Basic Pearls Jewels (119247)

Pin It!

22 comments:

Annette said...

Hi Sharon. This is a beautiful card. The DSP is in the current Australian IBC in the hostess section. It is called Cheerful Treat. You have now given me ideas on how to use this DSP. Thank you.

Carlson_susan said...

Another lovely card! Love all the details of the pearls, the bows and the library clip.

Kelly Wentling said...

Hi Sharon! I love how you offset the focal image down in the corner giving room for the pearls. That looks great! Beautiful coloring too. A very pretty card!

Elder Levi Kerr said...

Beautiful card. Sorry I don't know the dsp either. Still amazing, just like you.

Charlotte said...

Morning, Sharon. Once again, you've created a lovely card. Love the use of the mini library clip. I lean toward assymetrical, so I like the way you offset your image. I shy away from coloring (I guess I've not done enough to be confident), but you always do such a lovely job and make me want to break out of my comfort zone. Thank you for sharing. And, have a wonderful time at Leadership Conference.

ColleenB. said...

What a sweet card

Lisa808 said...

I think we all can relate to messy craft rooms :) The DSP looks like it is from the current hostess collection, Cheerful Treat.

fabiola said...

mum très appétissante et pleine de fraîcheur, biz

Anita Autore said...

Beautiful card! I like the use of the clip to hold the sentiment.

Diane Villegas said...

I love this card, the colors, the ribbon and of course the cherries. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ellentaylor38 said...

marvelous papers and your cherries look so yummy!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love the card! I recently got the scallop square duo die, and have used it for ornaments and things, but not on a card yet, I need to do that. The cherry bowl is my fav stamp in that set.
Deb
stampindebs at aol dot com

Barb Slaughter said...

You may have used unknown paper but it looks good. Your coloring is fabulous.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Lynda S said...

Love the cherries. We still have them in season here in Australia! The way you haev coloured the cherries is wonderful. Such a happy and cheery (cherry) card. Beautiful. ooxx

Carol B said...

What fun would stamping be if we were always organized and tidy. Cute card.

Janet said...

I love your card! The coloring on your cherries is beautiful! I love the color combination you used as well. The DSP looks like it is from Cheerful Treats to me. Thanks for sharing!
Inky hugs,
Janet
janet at swofford dot com

Teri Couture said...

Your sketch ideas are always right on! Love the colors on this.

Patricia Huber said...

cute card. I don't mind one bit that the dsp is not current.

Lorican said...

Love it! Reminds me of Life is a Bowl of Cherry's! Makes me smile! Thanks for all the smiles!
Toodles,
Candy

Gail S. said...

The paper doesn't look familiar but it sure is cute!!! So is your card - I love the double bows :)

Tdharris1 said...

love all the details, thanks for sharing

Agnes said...

The DSP is the Cheerful Trear hostess paper in the current IB&C (page 11), so you used a current one!!! I used this DSP quite a bit because I like the colors. I love your ribbons and bows.


mokus112 at comcast dot net