Whenever my mojo gets misplaced or lost, the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge can usually quickly inspire me to create! LOL, this is the second card of seven I made during Sunday’s Mojo Marathon!
There’s a lot going on, lots of fresh and fun new product, and of course the pretty marker colored bloom from the Tea Shoppe Stamp Set too!
Tips for Stampers:
- After embossing the tiny hearts from Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, use a white gel pen to color the raised hearts.
- Outlining a colored image with a white gel pen can make it “pop” off darker card stock colors.
- Use a white gel pen to add a faux layer to your card!
- When using markers on colored card stock, test first on a scrap to see how the color will transfer.
- Attach tiny buttons to tags or card stock with mini glue dots!
- To create ruched ribbon effects, fold the ribbon in half then pull gently on a couple of the threads at the fold.
- Additional ribbon tip: snip folded ribbon from outer edges towards the fold, leaving just a few fold threads en tact and then simply pull them!
- Create pretty bows easily on your fingertips following my Double Loop Bow Tutorial!
Coloring the flower image on Crumb Cake Card Stock
- A Pretty in Pink Marker was used to color the blossom.
- The flower petals were outlined with a rose red marker.
- Leaves were colored with a wild wasabi marker and then outlined with an old olive marker.
- Highlights, and surrounding color was added with a white gel pen.
Three tiny Twitterpated Designer Buttons, threaded with bakers twine were attached with mini glue dots to the face of the tag.
Adorning Accents embossed hearts were then colored with a white gel pen to make them pop and provide an additional dimension to the card.
Join us in this Week’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge, simply visit the Stampin’ queens sketch challenge blog and add your creation.. you know the drill!
See you tomorrow with a new card creation, I look forward to reading your comments . Hope you liked my card!
Stampin Up Supplies used on today’s SQSC21 Card:
- Stamps: Tea Shoppe (W-125545, C-125547), French Filigree (113742)
- Papers: Rose Red(102544), Pretty in Pink (100459, Whisper White (100730), Crumb Cake(120953)
- Ink: Early Espresso(119670)
- Markers: Rose Red(100063), Pretty In Pink(10045), Wild Wasabi (120975), Old Olive (100079)
- Terrific Trims: Always Artichoke Seam Binding (121000), Twitterpated Designer Buttons (125579), White Bakers Twine(124262), Rose Red Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon (124322),
- Totally Awesome Tools: White Gel Pen (105021), Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine(113439), Adorning Accents Edgelits Die(125595), Adorning Accents Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (125601), Stampin’ Sponge(101610), Mini Glue Dots(103683)
Order your exclusive supplies for card making, scrapbooks and paper crafts in my online stampin’ up store and have your order delivered right to your door!