Friday, January 27, 2012

Sale A Bration Stampin Addicts Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog, stop #10 on the Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop sponsored by Stampin’ Addicts! This blog hop has been in planning mode for many weeks, I hope you are enjoying it!  You’ve probably arrived here from Heidi’s fabulous blog: Running With Scissors Stamper.  Weren’t her projects fantastic??2012 SAB banner

One of many freebies you can earn during Sale-A-Bration is the fun butterfly stamp set “Kindness Matters”.  I’ve owned this stamp set for quite some time, but wanted to do something different for the Stampin’ Addicts Blog Hop…. so I’m bringing you four fresh ideas today, hope you like them!P1100625

Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper, Ribbons and Brads are more freebies you earn with a $50.00 merchandise purchase during Sale-A-Bration!  Don’t you love these papers?P1100622

The fans reminded me of butterfly wings…. here the butterflies are colored with Bashful Blue and Lucky Limeade markers.P1100628

After stamping the 1/2 doily image onto a scrap of very vanilla card stock 7 times, they were punched out using the tiny oval punch and glued to a 2-3/8” scallop circle punch.P1100608

Not for everyone, but this 6” x 12” mixed media canvas was so much fun to put together!  It features the tiny butterflies from the kindness matters stamp set and I made my own stencil using the new blossom punch.  After laying it atop my canvas, the the flowers were built up in layers using fiber paste.  I’ll share more photos of this canvas later Sunday afternoon Winking smile  Don’t want to hold up the blog tour!

Next stop on this weekend’s Stampin’ Addicts tour is Katherine’s blog:  My Magical Inkery Tour!  I can’t wait to see her wonderful projects!

2012 SAB previous2012 SAB next

Use the hyper links or these buttons to get move forward and backwards through the tour!  If you should get lost along the way, simply visit the Stampin’ Addicts Blog Tour Thread HERE.

I hope you’ll come back on Sunday 12Noon EDT to see more photos and information on the mixed media canvas, and I look forward to reading your lovely comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

27 comments:

Yapha said...

Wow, that mixed media canvas is amazing!! I love the different patterns on the second card, too. What fabulous projects!

Krystalscards said...

So pretty Sharon!! I can't wait to get this set. And I've really been inspired to try a little mixed-media art. How fun is that?! Great job!

Victoria Selix said...

Very pretty projects! I really like the mixed media. I'll be back to check out more on canvas!

Lorican said...

I was able to see the canvas in person and the picture doesn't do it justice. The canvas is absolutly gorgeous! The cards also, what an imaginative mind. Keep up the good work look forward to tomorrows post.
Toodles,
Candy

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful projects, Sharon! Way to go out of the box with the mixed media canvas!

Victoria Selix said...

Gorgeous projects!

Katherinerock said...

That canvas is amazing - I'm inspired! This is my absolute favorite stamp set, and I love what you did with it!

Mickey Roberts said...

Beautiful projects, Sharon! Those butterflies are just so lovely.

Juliette Chapman said...

Lovely projects Sharon. The cards are gorgeous and the mixed media canvas is awesome.

Debra Burgin said...

I love looking at all the little touches in your projects: using the half-doilies like that is so clever! But you have challenged me to at least think about mixed-media work. Really amazing!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Great cards Sharon! I love the lg scallop circle matted with the oval punch.

Betty Traciak said...

Beautiful projects Sharon! Using the doily stamp with the oval punch on the third card is very creative. Looking forward to more info on the mixed media project too!

Tanya Boser said...

So much gorgeousness in one spot! What an amazing job! I love your canvas, it looks so much like SPRING!

ellouise1969 said...

I love your mixed canvas Sharon...it is awesome. Don't know if I told you...I believe you cannot go wrong with b'flies!!! Your Limeade triple bows also rock.

Kim S1itcher46 said...

Beautiful projects, Sharon! The mixed media project is intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing more about it.

Lisa Young- Add Ink and Stamp said...

The Kindness Matters stamp set has always been one of my favorites mainly because of the butterflies. Your projects are beautiful. I really like the creative use of the doily and scroll in your third card! Mixed Media is on my to do list - very inspiring!

Ellen Parker said...

Sharon I love all of these fantastic cards! And yes, those are lovely papers. Can't wait to learn more about that last one. It is my fav!!!

rhondag said...

Wow! They are all so pretty, but I love your mixed media project!! Amazing!

Paula Wright said...

Man. Your mixed media blows my mixed media out of the water!!! Wow! Great job with this set.

Fabiola said...

oh super joli, biz

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Super cute projects! I always love your stuff. The canvas is very cool!!

Celeste said...

your cards are soooo pretty
Stopping by to invite to visit Link Up for Pink's new website: www.linkupforpink.com
We are celebrating with several giveaways! :)

Sara Mattson said...

So very fabulous! The mixed media is amazing! Great way to showcase this stamp set!

Jen Timko said...

Wow, wow, wow! Your canvas is astonishingly beautiful!

Twila Davis said...

Sharon, I always can't wait to see what you come up with and that canvas is beautiful! and the cards are gorgeous of course. Great work.

Carmen R said...

Very cool .. love that canvas!

Escape2stamp/Adriana B said...

WOW - cool canvas. That would look so cute in a girl's room (or big girls craft room...lol)