Sunday, January 8, 2012

Rue Des Fleurs Journal

A while back I found these little 4x6 journals packaged 3/pack and complete with an elastic band closure.  I had hoped to find time to decorate them and add them to a holiday craft show line up… LOL, but that didn’t happen!

Yesterday, I decided to decorate one of them using new stamps, dies and stuff from the Occasions Mini Catalog… and couldn’t help but reach for the Rue Des Fleurs Stamp Set to stamp and decorate my notebook with a vintage theme!1.rue_Des_fleurs_journal_Cover

The front journal was stamped with the watch/umbrella, masked, and stamped again using the En Francais large background stamp and crumb cake ink.2.close up of watch laden umbrells

Tiny, clear rhinestones were added to the umbrella and watch fobs.3.kindness_matters_tiny_Butterfly

A butterfly from the Kindness Matters Stamp Set was colored and attached to the focal image / tag using a dimensional.4.paper_Daisy_8mm_pearl_rouched_Seam_Binding_leaves

I love the new pleated ribbon, don’t you?   Two paper daisies were layered together (one was downsized by overlapping three petals and gluing in place).  A new 8mm pearl was affixed to the center of the top most daisy, and ribbon ‘leaves’ were created from always artichoke seam binding, pulling a thread in the middle of the ribbon to evenly gather and scrunch.5.ribbon_tag_tie

The edges of crumb cake card stock were distressed, and after layering the tag onto crumb cake and pear pizzazz card stock, I punched a hole using a crop-a-dile tool and layered vintage lace, un-pleated ribbon, and narrow grosgrain to form a tag ‘pull’.6.friend_stamped_sentiment

Friend was stamped using early espresso ink, and punched using the designer label punch.  After sponging with lucky limeade ink, additional accents were added with a marker to match the early espresso ink.7.covered-pocket-view

One of the coolest things about this journal is the gusseted pocket inside the front cover!!  Front, back and inside flaps of the journal were covered with confetti cream card stock and sponged with lucky limeade ink too.

Hope you enjoyed yet another Rue Des Flores project, LOL… are you tired of seeing this stamp set yet?  Hope not, I’ve got plenty more ideas rolling around in my head!

See you tomorrow with another new handmade and hand stamped project!  I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

14 comments:

Debi Pippin said...

Thst is sure to win the leadership contest! I hope you are entering. Found out yesterday I will be doing a wow demo at regional with my own booth. I will be showing a tea and cookie holder I made up. it is a folded origami style thing.

Teri said...

So pretty! You did an awesome job!!

Susan Carlson said...

Wow! What gorgeous details you included in this journal. If it were mine, I'd be afraid to write in it.

stampsnob Lis said...

Love that stamp and especially love what you did with it .....Lis

Laurie Gibson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Sharon!! Can I ask where you found the little journals?

Dellis70 said...

Wow! The colors, and actual coloring, is fabulous, Sharon! All the attention to details keeps my eye happy and constantly looking for more goodies to gaze upon. The textures and layers are beautiful! Hmmm, I hadn't realized that ribbon is now available pleated! Me thinks this is something I "need". Thanks for sharing your project!

Pennyhanuszak said...

Sharon your talent with this Rue de Fleurs stamp set just glistens! I love every step that you've takento make this vintage journal come alive! Beautiful isn't a large enough word! Thanks for sharing and happy weekend.

Lisa808 said...

Sharon, this is gorgeous! Love the colors you used, the stamp set, and all your embellishments.

KERRSKREATIONS said...

SHARON:
I cannot believe all of the details on this card. Really, How long did this take to execute? It is absolutely gorgeous in all respects of detail. I love, love, love it!!!

Liz Fedyna said...

I was on the fence about this set but I think you've sold me! Well done Sharon, thank you for sharing and for your detailed instructions!

Sharon Field said...

LOL, it was a work in progress... and one of those 'evolving' projects. I would put it down, come back to it, envision my direction and work again. I hope to make a couple more this week .. maybe I'll time myself! I get lost in my stamp room and lose track of time! Yesterday I made 7 cards... the first one took the longest and it was the simplest one... once my mojo was going, I just kept going! Thanks for your sweet commens!

Sharon Field said...

LOL De.. it's pleated and available in four colors, YES! You need some! Thanks for all your lovely comments and observations! Hugs, Sharon

Sharon Field said...

Hi Laurie, I've had them for quite some time, the tag on them said 3/pack and $3.99... probably at a big box hobby store, I suspect it was Hobby Lobby! Thank you!

Sharon Field said...

LOL.. you could always write in pencil!