Monday, January 2, 2012

Rue Des Fleurs , and Vintage Valentine

Did you enjoy this weekend’s Stampin Addicts New Years Occasions Mini Blog Tour?  There were tons of fabulously fresh and fun ideas for the new Occasions Mini Stamp Sets… I know that I was inspired!!

Today it seems I promised you more than one share… a couple detail photos of the Rue Des Fleurs blog hop cards, AND a Valentine… WHAT was I thinking… LOL, of course I don’t want to disappoint my followers and friends! 

First.. a sweet valentine card featuring new Occasions Mini Heart Framelits. and one of the very first cards I made upon receiving my Occasions Mini Pre-Order a few weeks ago!1.valentine_framelit_Sizzix_Sharon_Field

Color matching card Stock and accessories:  Very Vanilla and Blush Blossom!2.framelit_and_pleated_ribbon_with_Sponged_Accents

The blush blossom pleated satin ribbon molds perfectly around even the smallest framelit heart die cut!  This is the third smallest heart from the die cutting set!3.close up pleated ribbon and teeny tiny wishes sentiment

“Happy Valentines Day” is from the ever so versatile stamp set “Teeny Tiny Wishes”.   I’ve added tiny pearl to the label punched background, accenting those on the heart and flower die cut focal images.4.framelit_focal_centering

The new framelits are so easy to use with the Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine!  It’s easy to highlight and focus on a particular stamped image, or embossed card stock as well!

Three cards were shared in this weekend’s Rue Des Fleurs Blog Hop post.. the first one, a vintage tag card… here’s a couple close ups for you!

5.Paper_Daisy_Layers_With_Rhinestone_Center

Downsized 3 medium paper daisies to make this pretty pink rhinestone adorned flower.6.chipboard_gratitude_accent_explained

Traced a chipboard tag onto very vanilla card stock..

  • Cut it out the tag and  sponged along the edges using Crumb Cake Classic
  • Inked “gratitude” from the “fabulous phrases” stamp set with early espresso classic ink to center/stamp on the VV tab.
  • Used a blushing bride marker to make random dotted accents.7.stitching_removed_Pleated_ribbonAccent

Removed stitching from pleated blushing bride ribbon, paired with vintage lace and tied with narrow grosgrain to form tag ‘pull’.8.Watch_Umbrella_Focal_image_embellishments

And of course, the coup de gras.. the focal image watch umbrella from Rue des Fleurs was

  • stamped with early espresso Classic Ink
  • created a post-it note stamp to protect the image
  • stamped over the post-it note covered image using crumb cake classic inked En Francais stamp set
  • added accents to the watch umbrella with pretty in pink marker.
  • added tiny pink rhinestones to each watch fob, umbrella handle and top tip.

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a new color challenge card for the Utah Divas International Design team, and close ups of card two from this weekend’s Stampin’ Addicts New Year Blog Tour as well!

Did you know there’s a huge clearance sale going on at Stampin’ Up?  Visit my Online Stampin’ Up! Store check out the clearance items.  Reminder: There’s only one more day to place orders from the Holiday Mini Catalog too!  On Wednesday, the new Occasions Mini Catalog will be revealed online!

I look forward to reviewing your comments…

Have a fabulously creative new year!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Cindy Ware said...

Love these! They are so pretty and elegant!

Lisa808 said...

I really like the pleated ribbon, especially how you added it around the heart.

Pennyhanuszak said...

What a beautiful card. So soft and feminine. Loved the little pearl touches in the corner and on the heart and the pleated satin ribbon looks like its a "must have". Beautiful vintage tage as well. Thanks for sharing.

Queen Mary said...

Sharon, I LOVE your Valentine's card! Thanks for showing the embosslit too!

Denise said...

wow!!! love these cards...and now...I guess I do need the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set...happy new year and all the best in 2012

bjs said...

I thought I had decided not to get that stamp set, but after seeing what you have created with it - I have totally changed my mind. Beautiful, beautiful card - love it!! Love all the little extras you have added.
Thanks for sharing.

Libby said...

Wow another gorgeous card. Love the colours and the pleating. You must have the patience of a saint. TFS again :)

Robbie said...

Love the simplicity of the first card. It definitely has the wow factor!

KERRSKREATIONS said...

I JUST LOVE YOUR CARDS, AND I NORMALLY DON'T CARE FOR PINK. (I GUESS THAT IS WHY I HAVE ALL BOYS). VERY PRETTY/ELEGANT. HAVE A SUCCESSFUL AND FUN 2012

Amanda Coughlin said...

Lovely, lovely card Ms. Sharon!

Ann Schach said...

I love the coloring of the parasol, Sharon! Perfect!!!