Monday, January 30, 2012

More Water Color Wash Technique Cards

On Friday, before the Stampin’ Addicts blog tour, I shared THIS step by step tutorial for the Water Color Wash Technique and a very easy Clean and Simple Card.

Today, I’m sharing two more ‘stepped up’ water color wash technique cards… as promised.  Both are great masculine cards… and can be used for any occasion by simply changing the sentiment.  The first card uses the the same stamp sets as the CAS card shared on Friday:  Inspired by Nature, and Natures’ Nest.1.Stepped_up_Masculine_water_Color_Wash_Technique

The dragonfly was stamped with black craft ink, and clear embossed.  2.coloring.the.dragonfly_sharon_Field

Layers of color were added to the dragonfly image using re-inkers, an aqua brush, and markers.3.dragging_the_grass_Stamp_watercolor_Wash

In my technique class, we also added a bit of dazzling diamonds to the wings of the dragonfly for a stunningly sparkled effect.5.lighthouse_watercolor_Wash_with_Embossing_Sharon_Field

A masculine card with very clean lines, the embossed image is from the Uncharted Territory stamp set from page 101 of the idea book and catalog.6.marker-colored-light-house-image-and-wash-bkgd

This was a little different than a basic CAS water color wash… the wash technique was used on the background of this card.  Markers were used to create shadows and add color to the lighthouse and grassy edges.7.adding-shadows-and-color-to-lighthouse_013012

The wash technique was used to paint the grassy cliff with certainly celery re-inker and bashful blue/marina mist re-inkers were used on the water.  As a finishing touch, a white gel pen was used to create white caps along the sea shore.8.dust-of-that-crimper_Sharon_Field

This is a tool I simply don’t use enough.. my crimper.  I love the effect it creates, but since it is stored in a basket, I often reach first for my embossing folders because my Big Shot Die Cutting machine is right on my stamp room table!

I’m looking forward to reading your comments… and would love to see what you create using this technique!  If you give it a whirl, feel free to leave me a comment with a link to your creation!

Order supplies for these projects and more at my online stampin’ up store… every little order helps me meet goals and commitments, thanks in advance!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

10 comments:

Annette said...

Sharon, I love the watercolour wash technique and how you have used it on these great masculine cards.
Annette

Mathgirl64 said...

Love both cards. I agree about crimper... Great effect tool, underused!

Jan Hoyt said...

Beautiful cards, Sharon...I love that lighthouse set and you did a great job with the watercolor wash on both cards.

Bartlettpair4 said...

Lovely job, Sharon!!!! You sure stamp beautifully!! Thank you for sharing and allowing me to glean from such an artist like yourself:) be blessed
Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.bbbm.weebly.com

Lisa808 said...

Two great cards. Funny, I don't use my crimper very often either. Perhaps I should take it out of the drawer and put in in sight!

Stampindragon said...

Love both cards, but I have to admit the dragonfly one is my favorite, but then I am partial to dragonflies. My son would definitely chose the lighthouse as that is what he favors - LOL! TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers and Aunt of 1 Marine

LMankoski said...

I too love the water color technique. Your cards are just great. I particularly like your shading with the marker. I keep trying to build the color for shading with my aqua brush and sometimes that is difficult.

Fabiola said...

superbe! biz

ellouise1969 said...

I think a lot of us suffer fm cripmper absentia to a certain degree Sharon. It is such a great tool, but sadly neglected!! Both cards are fab and totally rocking the Male element. So well done.

Cindy Ware said...

Watercoloring is my favorite technique in stamping. I really liked making the dragonfly card in class. The lighthouse card is really nice, too. It also reminded me that it is one of the stamps I've been meaning to get.