Friday, January 20, 2012

Mixed Bunch Leadership M&T Part 3

Today is part three of my Leadership Make & Takes… Today I’m sharing FOUR cards.. the two combine Basic Gray and Yellow (daffodil delight) which seems to be quite a popular combination among news casters and the fashion industry at the moment!

LOL, if you happen to be chosen as the winner of this week’s mega blog candy, you’ll have plenty of ideas to work with, right?  Read this post for details on the Mega Blog Candy Contest for US and International readers. P1090343

Unusual color selection.. Daffodil Delight, Basic Bray, Elegant Eggplant, Pink and Pear Pizzazz.  A great workshop setting card, I re-made this into a sample which was more ‘my style’ too.P1090348

And all I did was add a Basic Gray card base, emboss the daffodil delight card stock, and turn the stamped sentiment so it was horizontally aligned.  P1090346

The edges of the mixed bunch blossom punched image and larger die cut flower were curled with my paper piercing tool.  Oh, and tea stain ink from the distressing kit was sponged onto the edges of the stamped image too.

P1090385I didn’t change a thing on this sample… it’s a really quick and easy card to make, and features a chipboard element from On Board Merry Medley (page 191 IB&C 2011-12).

P1090390We traced the Merry Medley chipboard element onto very vanilla card stock, distressed the edges with tea stain ink from the distressing kit and glued the two pieces together.  The tiny flowers are also die cuts from that single sheet of Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit too!P1090387

The stamped, scallop edge punched card stock along the left side of the card was attached with stampin’ dimensionals, allowing me to slip the sentiment between the layers too.

P1090391

LOL, I didn’t have any more red die cut flowers left on my sheet of blossom builders, so I made my own with the Daisy Triple Layer Punch, Polka Dot Embossing folder, and white gel pen.  (I actually have a full sheet of the die cuts left, but was challenging myself to use only one sheet on all the samples.)P1090398

The narrow grosgrain ribbon was attached to real red card stock using double sided adhesive (SNAIL) after clipping notches into the ends.

Tomorrow is Saturday, and that means another NEW Super Saturday Tutorial!  I hope you’ll stop back by and say hi!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store for supplies used in today’s leadership card samples!

Stamps:  Mixed Bunch (W 125535, C 122537), Loving Thoughts (W 125843, C 125845), Thank You Kindly (W 111700)

Papers:  Twitterpated Designer Series Paper (125406), Basic Gray (121044), Daffodil Delight (119683), Old Olive, (100702) Elegant Eggplant (105126), Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730), Very Vanilla (101650)

Inks:  Elegant Eggplant (105210), Old Olive,(102277), Daffodil Delight (119667), Craft White (101731), Tea Stain*

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die Cutting machine (113439), Finial Press Textured Embossing Folder (115693), Blossom Punch(125603), Craft Scissors (108360), Paper Snips (103579)

Awesome Accessories:  Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit (125410), Regals Designer Buttons (119744), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals(104430), Distressing Essentials Kit*(118762), On Board Merry Medley Chipboard (122958), Twitterpated Designer Buttons (122579)

Tea Stain Ink is currently available as part of the Distressing Essentials Kit listed under Awesome Accessories, and found on page 203 of the Idea Book & Catalog 2011-12.

Pin It!

18 comments:

Lorican said...

Too Too Cute! Can't wait to win the blog candy (LOL!) or purchase the items individually to try some of these and more!
Thank You,
Toodles,
Candy

Janet said...

I love all of the cards especially the stepped up version of the gray and yellow card. My best friends daughter got married in Oct and these were her colors. I hosted a bridal shower for her and I worked a LOT (invitations,decorations,party favors)with these colors. I wasn't a fan at first but the more I worked with them the more I liked them.Now they really catch my eye and they are so in right now! Thanks for sharing!
Inky hugs,
Janet
janet at swofford dot com

Carol B said...

I don't use basic gray a lot so this was terrific to see. Again, nice to have two versions. Carol B

Charlotte said...

OMG! What a treat - four cards! The grey and yellow are an unusual combination for me, but I find that I like it - and, I particularly like how you made the second card "your style." Although I do like that red on your last card. It's so bright and cheery - and, just makes the whole card pop.
You're right. Some lucky person will have plenty of ideas to keep them busy using the Blossom Punch.

Fabiola said...

la simplicité c'est très difficile et toi tu y réussi très bien, biz

Anita Autore said...

Stunning cards! I like how you changed the card.

Lisa808 said...

Elegant Eggplant is a perfect accent with Basic Gray and Daffodil Delight.

Julia Gomez said...

I love the color combination of the first card, so pretty. And small flowers on second card is making me consider the Blossom Builders Designer Printed Kit. Thanks for the ideas and the chance to enter your awesome blog candy

http://createdbyu.blogspot.com/

Patricia Huber said...

Sharon, I like how you used the polka dot embossing folder to make the red flowers. Thinking outside the box on that one! Good job!

Lynda S said...

The more I see of these flowers sharon, the more I believe I can be around them and not sneeze!!! Just by seeing these cards over the past couple of days, my head is filled with inspiration.....provided we get the product here in Australia that is. I am also loving the Framelits. Daff Del is such a happy colour. loving it all. ooxx

Barb Slaughter said...

I really like these cards a lot. My favorite is the very last one.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Gail S. said...

Very cute ideas! My daughter LOVES gray and yellow together!

Tdharris1 said...

Did not think I would like the color combo of Daffodil and Basic Gray but you made it a winner. Thanks for sharing. tdharris 1 at cox dot net

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love those! Great color combo, and I wouldn't have thought that.
Deb
stampindebs at aol dot com

Agnes said...

Thank you for showing us these beautiful cards. I love how you made the card your style.

mokus112 at comcast dot net

Kelly Wentling said...

Hi Sharon! Pretty examples from leadership for us. I love the second card that you made in your style best! Like the tag going across and the embossing. Your last card with the new ribbon treatment is fabulous too. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

stampsnob Lis said...

Always a lesson when I come here Lovely cards and great color combo TFS>>>>>>>..Lis

Susan Carlson said...

Love your color combinations. I should stretch myself to use it. carlson_susan at hotmail dot com