Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mixed Bunch Flower Garden and ATC

Just for you, one more mixed bunch stamped card!  This one is a flower garden, complete with pretty leaves and grass!

The blog candy drawing is now closed, tomorrow I’ll be announcing two winners… best of luck to all of you, and thanks for all you’ve posted and done!1._Mixed_Bunch_Sharon_Field_Jan12

This card was a “just for fun” card I made after making all the leadership swaps.  I liked the idea of punching out the Mixed Bunch stamp set centers and snipping along the edges to create dimension and an interesting element.2_close_up_of_Punched_mixed_Bunch_Flower_Centers

Basic Pearls Jewels were added to the centers of each flower, and Old Olive Scallop Dots ribbon was attached to 1/8” cut flower ‘stems’ using mini glue dots.3_8mm_pearl_Jewel_And_Blossom_012212

Three circle punches were used on this card, punching the stamped images to create different sized blossoms:  1-1/4”, 1” and 3/4” .  This is the largest, 1-1/4” punch, which leaves a lot more white area around the blossom stamped image.  4_medium_Blossom_Large_pearls_Jewel

This is the 1” circle punched flower.. and you can see that instead of snipping a ‘v’ cut along the circle edges, I simply snipped directly into the circle.  It didn’t seem to have enough contrast, so I added a few extra stripes of white using a white gel pen too.6_snipping_the_Grass_021212_S_Field

A 1-1/4” x 4-1/4” strip of pear pizzazz card stock was snipped randomly at anywhere from 3/4” to 1” deep.  To give it a more natural appearance, some of the sniped edges were also clipped off or angled.  The edges were sponged with Pear Pizzazz ink to give a little more depth too.7_MWS_bLUE_ATC_By_Sharon_Field_On_Createdbyu_Blogspot

January’s Just One ATC Swap Theme was “something blue”.  Bashful Blue Designer series Paper, and the Up, Up & Away stamp set were used along with one of my favorite stamp sets “plant hope”.  LOL.. the swap is due at the end of the month and I completely forgot about it until I received my partner’s cute little swap in the mail… YIKES!  This one went postal the very next day!  I should have added some gel pen snow to the trees since the recipient lives a lot further north than me (aka Florida).

Tomorrow I’ll be announcing the two blog candy winners, wish you luck!  I’ll also be moving on to new stamp sets.. don’t want to bore you to death!

Hugs, and thanks so much for your kind comments and following, you truly bless my blogging life!

Sharon

Shop Online  for supplies used in today’s card and ATC share!

Stamps:  Mixed Bunch (W 125535, C 125537), Up Up And Away (W122755, C122757), Plant Hope (W 117042, C 120540)

Papers:  Subtles Collection Patterns Designer Series Paper Pack (117152), Pear Pizzazz (119795), Whisper White (100730), Island Indigo (122923)

Ink:  Pear Pizzazz (119784), Melon Mambo (115656), Island Indigo (122937), Always Artichoke (105219)

Terrific Tools: 1-1/4” Circle Punch (119861), 1” Circle Punch ()119868, 3/4” Circle Punch (119873), Paper Snips (103579), Word Window Punch (119857), Table Top Paper Cutter (106959)

Awesome Accessories:  White Gel Pen (105021), Old Olive Dotted Scalloped Ribbon (124139), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Basic Rhinestone Jewels (119246), Basic Pearls Jewels (119247), Stampin’ Sponges (101610), Many Marvelous Markers (119806) 

Pin It!

16 comments:

ColleenB. said...

Very lovely cards and I must say, I really like that 'whimsy' flower card - different and unique.
No, you're not a bore; but an Inspiration to us all.
Thank you

Susan Carlson said...

Sharon, you never bore me! I love the grass on your card. I did that once on a Build-a-Bear card. It added great texture without bulk. ... Your ATC reminds me that I have to make some for next weekend's ATC meeting and swap. I've got time since I'm hand-delivering them. Thanks!!! Can't wait to see who the winners are.

Kelly Wentling said...

Pretty cards Sharon! I like the snipped details in the garden. Your hot air balloon card looks cool with the trees at the bottom. I can say, I haven't seen that done before and it really looks more real that way! You are so creative and I always learn from you. Thank you!

Lorican said...

Cute! Everyone loves a little whimsical cards every once in a while. I am glad we enhance your blogging life. I am sure you enhance ours much much more and for that I thank You!
toodles,
Candy

Anita Autore said...

Beautiful card! Great tips on the grass.

Dhlowry said...

Sharon, I look at your site everyday. It is my favorite site - i love it. You are so generous with your cards and directions for them and also your tutorials. I have made alot of your cards - of course I had to tweak them to use the things I have. I hope the owners of Stampin Up know how much you do for us novice stampers. Thank you for all
inspriation.

Gail S. said...

I love how you made these flowers and what a great idea to use the ribbon for the petals! Clever!

Janet said...

Wow! What a creative use of this stamp set! Totally different look! I love it! Thanks for sharing :-)
Inky hugs,
Janet

Lynda S said...

You have not bored me for sure Sharon. I have loved all the fab ideas. Today I learnt...ribbon for leaves....who'd have thought....der you of course...hee hee hee. Love the wee balloon card too (ATC sorry). I am always amazed as to how much you can fit on such a small surface. ooxx

Lisa808 said...

That is a fun card with all the flowers! I've never made an ATC.

Tdharris1 said...

I like how you have showed a different look using this stamp set. Thanks for sharing.

Patrice H said...

That card is darling and sooo much fun. You are so cleaver!

Julia Gomez said...

Love this card. Thanks for all the ideas.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

That is just so stinkin cute!! Love the ATC too. The balloon set is definitely on my wish list.

Barb Slaughter said...

That card with the flowers centers cut to make an entire are to die for. Your cleverness is amazing.. The ATC is so cute too.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Fabiola said...

oh mais c'est chou. biz