The New Occasions Mini Catalog is available online today!! The catty should be in my sidebar (or it will be soon) so you can take a peek yourself at the fabulous new Sizzix Big Shot dies, Framelits and stamps, be sure to check it out. Orders may be placed at my online stampin’ Up store. Alternatively, use the contact me tab at the top of my blog home page to place your order!
Todays card uses the new Mixed Bunch stamp set and Labels framelits Dies from the Occasions Mini Catalog along with Idea Book & Catalog merchandise and a Sale-A-Bration Freebie Sneak Peek for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge #SQSC20!
Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Brushed Gold Card Stock are such a classic combination don’t you think? I’ve added additional embellishments and texture to make this card pop… hope you like it!
As you can see, I’ve added a couple layers and a split negative framelits effect using Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP).
After embossing the basic black background layer using my Sizzix Big Shot Machine and stripes textured embossing folder, I punched three circles in the lower bottom edge… which were later used to pierce/and position brads.
A small trinket key was tied to shirred ribbon using linen thread.
To complete the focal image and label framelits detail:
- Die-Cut brushed gold card stock using sizzix label framelit.
- Embossed the die cut using Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot Machine.
- Sanded the raised surfaces of the embossed gold card stock using a sanding block.
- Stamped Mixed Bunch lacy flower image with basic black ink onto very vanilla card stock.
- Added 1/2 die cut DSP to the front of Very Vanilla Card Stock.
- Painted very vanilla taffeta ribbon with champagne shimmer paint using a sponge and shirred by pulling just a few center threads.
- Stamped Hello and embossed crown using Sale-A-Bration* stamp set “Elementary Elegance".
To finish off the card, a small trinket key was tied to shirred ribbon using linen thread. Isn’t that fun?
Hope you enjoyed today’s SQSC20 Card and will play along with the design team this week! Visit the Stampin Queens Sketch Challenge Blog to upload your card/creation!
Tomorrow I’ll be sharing detail photos from the last of the weekend blog hop post. I hope you’ll stop back by to say hi!
*The Sale-A-Bration event begins on January 24th, 2012 and runs through March 31, 2012. The Elementary Elegance Stamp Set is one of several you can earn FREE with each $50 merchandise purchase… be sure to book your in home stamp party… dates fill quickly! Contact Me to check date availability and schedule your very own stamping party with friends… You’ll love all the free product you’ll earn!