Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Field Flowers SQSC23, Sale-A-Bration!

Wow… the annual Sale-A-Bration event has begun, it’s the only time of year when Stampin’ Up! offers THREE catalogs full of merchandise at the same time! 

I’ve added a new catty to my side bar and the catalogs tab at the top of my blog… order your favorites, and get free stuff too at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store, host a catalog party, or book a party with friends… simply use the contact me tab at the top of the page!

Today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge features the Field Flowers Stamp Set… you know, the one named for me (LOL)!  My stamping friends just love this two step stamp set, and continue to ask for more samples featuring the set.SQSC023_Sharon_Field_Field_Flowers_Elementary_Elegance

Today’s SQSC23 Challenge Card uses Very Vanilla, Wisteria Wonder, Always Artichoke and Concord Crush Inks and papers.  Every time we work with a two step stamp set, I have to stop for a second to think about which one to ink first and what color… do you?2.embossing_and_Brads_pretty_Field_flowers_Card

The upper portion of the very vanilla card stock was embossed using the big shot die-cutting machine and stripes textured impressions embossing folder.3.Paper_Doily_Focal_Image_Field_Flowers_Sharon_Field

The Paper Doily Large Sizzlits Die was used to cut striped always artichoke designer series paper, and the 3” circle die was used to cut the very vanilla focal image.  After stamping and attaching the two layers, they were lined up with the edge of the Very Vanilla card stock base and chopped using my table top paper cutter.4.two-step-stamping-and-tips-for-paper-crafters

“Hello” is from the new Sale-A-Bration stamp set Elementary Elegance!  Yesterday was the first day of Sale-A-Bration… an annual event where hostesses AND customers earn free product with a purchase of $50.00 or more!!  Contact ME to book your workshop today, dates are limited!

Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters – Two Step Stamping

  • Stamp first with the lightest ink color and mostly solid image.
  • Stamp the image a second time using the darker ink and outline image.
  • Use a stamp-ma-jig tool if you have difficulty lining up the images… LOL, I just eyeball them from the underside and prefer a slightly offset artsy appearance… it’s art, after all and not machine made!SQSC023_on_Createdbyu_blogspot_photo5

We’d love to have you join us for this week’s sweet and simple sketch challenge!  Create a card or project featuring today’s sketch, upload to your blog or an online gallery (splitcoast stampers, paper craft planet, flickr, etc.) and then visit the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Page to link your creation… You know the drill!

I look forward to reading your lovely comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

ColleenB. said...

Beautiful card and wonderful layout
ColleenB.

Ret Cudmore said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the colors you chose also.

Kelly Wentling said...

Pretty!

Ellen Parker said...

Sharon I love the papers you used in this card. I also think the embossing adds such an elegant feel to it. Simply a beautiful card! I love it.

Lisa808 said...

Pretty in purple!

Anita Autore said...

Stunning card! One of my favorite color combinations.

Lynda S said...

Wow Sharon....I have been eyeing off this set for a wee while now and you have made it even MORE difficult for me...thanks. LOVE the colour combo and the layout. Delish. You guys get SO much more choice in SAB. Great card...LOVE it.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Very pretty! I really want that field flower set.

Fabiola said...

simple et élégant, superbe, biz