Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Favorite Tea Shoppe Card UDI71 Challenge

When I first used the large tea cup stamp from the Tea Shoppe stamp set in the Occasions Mini Catalog, I was a bit dismayed with the results.  Although the ink coverage was even and consistent, I found it needed a bit more dimension.  

First, I tried adding more color, and then Crystal Effects.. You can view that card in THIS Post.  Next, I tried something a little different, LOL… both cards were created on the same day and I’ve been sitting on this one for a while Smile even though I really wanted to share, since it was for the UDI 71 challenge!!1.UDI71_Sharon_Field_Tea_Shoppe_Item_125447_Clear_mount

Most of the tea cup blooms were snipped, popped up, and sprinkled with dazzling diamonds.  The tea cup was also snipped, outlined with a black marker, and raised from the stripes embossed background using stampin’ dimensionals… Quite an improvement from this card… much better, don’t you think?2.cut_and_popped_blooms_With_pearls_And_glitter

Before adding Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the blooms with a two way glue pen, three pearl jewels were placed in the center of three blooms…. the pearls will not stick to glitter, so you have to do that first.3.Tea_Shoppe_Sentiment_And_Ribbon_Knot

The dotted modern label punch and “Just for You” images are part of the 10 piece Tea Shoppe stamp set, which also includes a trio of smaller tea cups, two more labels, and a pretty floral image as shown in this SQSC21 challenge card.  Tea Shoppe is just one of many fabulous stamps available in the current Occasions Mini Catalog (Click the image on the side bar to view).  And, of course… these exclusive stamps and many more paper crafting tools and supplies are available at my online stampin’ up store!4.Adorning_Accents_Edgelits_onHostess_Dsp_Tablecloth

An Adorning Accents edgelits die was used to cut the designer series paper tablecloth shape beneath the tea cup.  This is a 5-1/4” square card, one which would require extra postage just because of it’s size, not weight. 

By the way, did you know the USPS sells oversized card postage stamps.. they’re 64 cents and available in book form or on a roll!UDI71_CreatedbyuBlogspot

Today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge would be perfect for a valentine card.  I hope you’ll join the design team this week and play along!

See you tomorrow with a new sketch challenge from the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Group!

I look forward to reading your comments… they really make my day!

Hugs,

Sharon

Sharon_Field_Createdbyu_Blogspot_012412

Stamps:  Tea Shoppe (W 125545, C125547)

Ink:  Regal Rose(105211), Basic Black(101179), Lucky Limeade(see accessories for marker set number)

Papers:  Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper (hostess Item 122381), Basic Black(121045), Whisper White(100730), Regal Rose (105130)

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Machine (113439), Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (123128), Adorning Accents Edgelits Dies (125595)

Awesome Accessories:   Modern Label Punch (119849), Neutrals Brads (119736), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), SNIPS, 5/8” Whisper White Satin Ribbon(114616), SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Basic Black Marker (100082), 2011-13 Marker Set (123002)

Pin It!

9 comments:

ColleenB. said...

Gorgeous Card

Fabiola said...

oh charmante comme tout, biz

Kelly Wentling said...

Hi Sharon! Your pretty teacup does look like it is sitting on a table! Beautiful. Thanks for the tip about postage stamps too. I didn't know that one.

Cindy Ware said...

I really like how you gave the teacup dimension and sparkle! It's beautiful!

Lisa808 said...

Beautiful popped flowers.

Ellen Parker said...

Hi Sharon. I have to say, even though I liked the first card, I love the dimension on this one! Thanks for the tip about the postage stamps! I'll have to look into that when I go to the P.O. this week.

hugs,
Ellen

Sue Erickson said...

Yes, this card is better than your other one. However, I love the first card as well. I have just ordered this stamp set and am eager to play with it. I hope I have time...LOL! I also hope this set makes it into the new catalog. I would hate to see it retired after just a short time.
Sue
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

Lynda S said...

Woo hoo....ahhhhhh the freedom to be able to comment again....thanks Sharon!!!! Now...what I wanted to say was I love this wee tea cup and ur colour combo. The wee popped up flowers make all the difference. I also hope we get those edge dies in Aust. Have seen many wonderful things made with them...incl this card. Just beautiful.

Slippers647 said...

I would havce liked the first card better without the doily die which is usually too overwhelming on a card .... maybe cut some of it away. Both have beautiful cups.