Monday, January 23, 2012

2 Simple Valentines, Blog Candy Winners

Resting up from a crazy week… but I know you’ve been waiting for the blog candy winner announcement, so let’s take care of that first!

There were 300 entries in the blog candy drawing!!  Wow! Thanks to all who placed orders, booked parties, tweeted, linked, and commented!

Before the drawing, all the comments were copy and pasted into a word document, additional qualifying entries were added one line at a time to the bottom of the page… then I took the pages to my stamp room and cut apart each and every one using my table top paper cutter!  Family members helped me fold each entry four times, and each was placed in a huge basket, which my DH stirred an shook before the drawing took place!

Congratulations to the following winners!

Stamp Set and Punch:  Anita Autore

Cards:  Stephanie in the UK

I will send each of you an email this morning, please look for it and respond with your snail mail addy and I’ll be sure to get your prizes in the mail today!

extreme elements, cas, card , valentine, sharon field, suo, stampin up, createdbyu_Blogspot

This valentine, featuring images from the Extreme Elements stamp set was inspired by one I saw posted somewhere… the original artist used the splotchy image, and two hearts… but that’s where the similarity ends.  Unfortunately, I didn’t save a photo/name… so can’t tell you who I cased.. if it was you, please let me know!

2.Sharon_Field_bemyvalentine_take_it_to_Heart_CAS_Seniors_Sharon_Field

Take It To Heart and Delightful Dozen, a Clean and Simple (CAS) valentine!  This is a card I made with my Senior Stampers and they loved it!

See you tomorrow with a new Utah Divas International Color challenge!  I hope you’ll play along with the design team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

ColleenB. said...

Very lovely Valentine cards.

Congratulations to the winners; Anita Autore and Stephanie

Susan Carlson said...

Congrats to the winners! It took me a minute, but I found the original Valentine "splotter," Dawn Olchefske. That's the reference librarian in me, LOL!

Dottedi2 said...

I love the use of the stamp from Extreme Elements on your first Valentine card. I know you aren't sure who you CASE'd the card from but I saw a very similar one that Dawn Olchefske did. I really liked hers as well. I think it's the use of that splotchy stamp under the hearts that really makes both cards.

Sharon Field said...

Thanks Ladies... so Dawn case'd it too! LoL.. see, it was a great card by Debbie Ware!!

Kelly Wentling said...

Congrats to the winners!

Gail S. said...

I love how you used the extreme elements (cased) - great card!

Patrice H said...

Congratulations ladies, enjoy your new goodies! Great cards too Sharon!
LOLOL Wow that was a lot of team work to make the selection.

Lisa808 said...

Cutting and folding 300 entries--that's a day's work! Thanks for all the effort you put into this and congrats to the winners.

Two lovely cards today.

Lynda S said...

I doff my cap to you and your crew's dedication to do all those entries....must be fine to know that there is all that LOVE for you out there. Congrats to bothe the winners.
I do particularly love the "splat" card...something I may never thought of....but now the seed has been planted. I am really loving the inspiration I am finding on your blog Sharon.

Alison Barclay said...

Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog! Love your work too! These Valentine's Day cards are beautiful! xx

Fabiola said...

super mignonnes, tout en finesse, biz