Tuesday, December 6, 2011

UDI64–Two Cards and Techniques to Share

Color challenges… definitely not my forte! Today’s UDI64 Color challenge had me stumped.. so I made two cards to share.  Today’s challenge colors were Peach Parfait, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Whisper White, and Regal Rose…. makes you think of a flower garden, right?  Both cards also use the same stamp set… so two cards and one stamp set today!

This is actually the second card I put together…. featuring the large heart collage image from the “You Are Loved” stamp set.  The image was colored with markers, direct to the stamp (DTS) surface and then covered with a breath of warm, moist air to rehydrate before stamping.P1080627A Crop-A-Dile tool was used to punch a 3/8” hold in the embossed Whisper White Card Stock layer, and then a bit of ribbon was wrapped around the card stock, through the hole and tied into a neat knot.P1080631The Sweet Friend sentiment had to be stamped before the embossing was done… kind of difficult to stamp on a textured surface, LOL.P1080629The stamped image ended up with a somewhat vintage look… I may make another one using very vanilla or natural ivory Card Stock, and Chantilly Lace ribbon!P1080636This is the second card I made, using a variation of the rock ‘n roll techniqueP1080634The focal image, also from the You Are Loved Stamp Set was markered again DTS… then I used the Peach Parfait marker to thump the edges of the rose.UDI64_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

Here’s the inspiration piece for todays’ Utah Divas International Color Challenge #64.  I hope you’ll play along with the design team this week!

Tomorrow I’ve got a new card for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge, a few more layers and such, but I think you’ll like it Winking smile

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Annette said...

Definitely not an easy set of colours to work with Sharon, but your creations are just beautiful.

Ret Cudmore said...

Hi Sharon, Two very sweet cards. Hard color challenge!! But it looks like you accomplished it with ease. I like them both, but trying to decide which of the two was my favorite...can you guess? LOL It's the "Thinking of You" card. The card base and ribbon are more my colors! Love it and the flower is delicate looking. Very, very nice job!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Wenlting said...

Your cards are pretty Sharon! I especially love the second one, it looks like a stencil with the rock and roll technique.

Fabiola said...

oh que c'est charmant! biz

Rachael Rabbit said...

Super cute!

Cindy Ware said...

I love this!!!

Barbara said...

Sharon, I just love the heart image from "You are loved." You did an awesome job with the color challenge!