Emergency GRINCH Pills
Grinch Pill Poem:
Feeling kinda grouchy?
Holiday Spirit can’t be found?
Give these little GRINCH Pills a try,
they’re the best medicine around!
Whether you’re eating a whole handful,
or maybe just one or two…
These tiny tasty little pills will
take the GRINCH right out of you!
Here’s a link to the Poem PDF Document for Printing
Supplies Used in Today’s Tutorial:
- Card Stock (CS): Real Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive
- Designer Series Paper Scraps (DSP)
- Stitched Stockings Stamp Set
- clear mount (CM) #123784 $19.95
- wood mount (WM) #123782 $27.95
- Petite Pairs Stamp Set
- CM #122497 $20.95
- WM #122495 $28.95
- Classic Ink Stampin Pad
- Real Red #103133 $5.95
- Old Olive #102277 $5.95
- Stocking Builder #124095 $16.95
- Large Oval#119855 $15.95
- Scallop Oval #119856 $16.95
- Word Window #119857 $15.95
- 3/16” Corner Rounder #119871 $6.95
- Designer Sanding Blocks #124304 $3.50
- Big Shot Machine #113439 $99.95 and
- Northern Frost Sizzlits Decorative Strip #120901 $21.95*
- Simply Scored Board #122334 $29.95
- Real Red Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon #109034 $4.95
- Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive $110755 $3.95 **
- SNAIL Adhesive #104332 $6.95***
- Paper Snips #103579 $9.95****
- Bone Folder #102300 $6.95
- Stampin’ Dimensionals #104430 $3.95
- Basic Rhinestones #119246 $4.95
- Basic Pearls #119247 $4.95
- Wintergreen (green) Tic Tacs – 1 0z. container
Supply item substitution suggestions:
*Doily Triple Punch, or Snowflake Punch
**Sticky Tape (super strong double sided Sticky Tape)
***Double sided tape or adhesive
**** Pointy, sharp scissors for paper crafting, also helpful in picking up and placing individual jewels or glue dots.
Cutting and Scoring:
Real Red CS ‘cover’ cut at 3-3/4” x 4-3/4”, place 4-3/4” edge along top rail of Simply Scored board, and score at 2” and 2-3/4”
- Very Vanilla CS ‘pocket’ 2-1/2” x 3-3/4” score one long side and two short sides at 1/2”, and 1-1/4”
- DSP “cover” 3-1/2” x 4-1/2”, punch all four corners with the 3/16” corner rounder punch
- DSP Grinch Pill “wrapper” 1-1/2” x 7-1/2”
- Real Red 1/4” Grosgrain Ribbon 16” length per project
Step By Step Grinch Pill Construction:
- Use Bone Folder to crease along all CS scored lines.
- Add SNAIL adhesive to approximately 3”-4” along the center of the Real Red 1/4” Grosgrain Ribbon, and attach to center of scored Real Red Card Stock. The ribbon should cross scored lines, and extend approximately 5” beyond both right and left edges of the card stock.
- Apply Multipurpose Adhesive to wrong side of DSP cover, and attach to Real Red CS cover, centering as you place it. Fold along card stock crease lines, creasing with your fingers, and set aside to dry.
- Use Designer Sanding Block to sand and gently curve the corners of Real Red CS – this step is optional, but gives the CS a finished look and not as extreme rounded appearance as the DSP.
- Along the LONGER scored edge of VV Grinch Pill ‘pocket’, clip on the 2nd and 3rd scored lines to the second scored line, and then cut away shaded area as shown in photo below.
- Fold pocket on scored lines around the lower portion of Grinch Pill Tic Tacs, to form bottom, fold sides in first, and then wrap center/bottom towards the back. Check to make sure the corners of the pocket are square, and that the Tic Tacs are secure but can still easily slide in and out of the pocket.
- Once the pocket has been formed, glue it in place using Multipurpose Adhesive. Keep the Tic Tacs in place while gluing, and hold until set. Once the pocket is set, remove the Tic Tacs and proceed to the next step.
- Beginning at the back of the Grinch Pill Tic Tacs, wrap 1-1/2” x 7-1/2” DSP strip around the height of the Grinch Pill Tic Tacs, creasing as you turn corners. Pull snuggly, and glue in place, hold until set.
- Print out Grinch Pill Poem and Emergency Grinch Pill Label onto Very Vanilla Card Stock. Punch out label using Word Window Punch, and attach to DSP Wrapped Grinch Pills, approximately 1/4” from top edge, then slide into pocket.
- Punch Old Olive CS Scrap with Scallop Oval Punch, attach to upper portion of pocket using Multipurpose Adhesive.
- Ink “Merry Christmas” sentiment from Petite Pairs Stamp Set with Old Olive Classic Ink, stamp onto scrap of Very Vanilla CS, and punch with Large Oval Punch, attach to Old Olive Scallop Oval Punch.
- Cut out Grinch Poem, (approximately 1-3/4” x 2-1/4”) and glue inside front cover of Grinch Pills.
- Die Cut Snowflake from Very Vanilla CS using Northern Frost Sizzlits, and attach to front/upper left corner of Grinch Pill wrapper using a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Use the tips of your snips to carefully pick up both glue and rhinestone jewel, transfer to center of the snowflake.
- Ink Stocking with Real Red Classic Ink, stamp onto Very Vanilla CS, and punch with Stocking Builder Punch. Attach to front of Grinch Pill Wrapper using Stampin’ Dimensionals and partially covering the snowflake.
- Use the tip of your snips to carefully remove a large pearl and the glue beneath it, transfer to the enter of the stamped stocking image.
- Tie a pretty bow.. and you’re done!
I hope you enjoyed today’s Super Saturday Tutorial! Next week I’ll have one more Christmas themed tutorial suitable for gifting. Remember to shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store to have your exclusive products delivered right to your door!
I look forward to reading your comments, and hope you’ll stop back by to say Hi!