Wednesday, December 28, 2011

SQSC19 Fun Poppy Parade Birds on A Wire

Poppy Parade is one of my favorites from  the In-Color Collection 2010-11, it’s also the color of the currently popular “Angry Birds”…such a pretty fire engine red/orange color!

Today’s sketch challenge features the cute, not angry bird image from the “Best Of Everything” and birthday sentiment from the “A Word For You” stamp sets featured in the 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog (IB&C).1.SQSC19_by_Sharon_Field_122011

The fun flag background is Designer Series Paper from the Big Top Birthday designer series paper pack, and perfectly set the stage for my poppy parade birds on a wire!2.Punched_circle_background_DSP_and_birds

The DSP was punched just above the pennants using a 1-1/4” circle punch and backed with tempting turquoise card stock before adding the cut out birds with dimensional dots.  Aren’t they fun?3.brad_bow_tempting_turq_Glitter

I didn’t happen to have just the right brad for my brad bow… so I just changed the silver brad to a sparkly silver one using heat ‘n stick powder and fine cosmo glitter.4.Happy_Birthday_Sentiment+Bow_Bird

Today’s card was put together in less than 5 minutes, with the help of a little printed designer series paper.  With bright colors, happy birds and just a little glitter, this birthday card would be fun surprise for both young and old!5.sqsc19_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

Today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge diagram includes ribbon, layers and four punches… pretty Clean and Simple I(CAS) design, don’t you think?  Certainly you’ve got some fabulous DSP and stamps that would make a great card!  We’d love to have you play along with the Design Team this week… You know the drill!

I’m busy prepping for this weekend’s Stampin’ Addicts Occasions Mini Blog Hop!  Can’t wait to share my sneak peek featured stamp set, and links to all the creative ladies on the hop!

See you tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Dellis70 said...

Very VERY tween! This is a fun card for sure!

Cindy Ware said...

Such a happy, fun card! The little birds are darling!!

Sharon Field said...

LOL, must have those birds... I'm thinking with a little bit o' black marker and artistic expression I might just have an angry bird or two too!

Sharon Field said...

I was thinking young, tween, and senior... Color is the answer.. the brighter the better. I LOVE poppy parade, wiish it wasn't just an 'in color'.. it 's the one red I CAN wear!!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Bright and cheery card. Those fat little birds just make it and I love the colour combo/dsp. Thanks for sharing.