Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Silver Glimmer and Marina Mist SQSC

Texture, embossing, and bling… an immediate vision of a Blue Christmas Card came to mind when I viewed this week’s Stampin Queens Sketch Challenge!

Today’s SQSC016 challenge was really fun, and easy to pull together.. and not too far off the inspiration sketch!  Hope you like it!1.sqsc016_Sharon_Field

Here’s the original Stampin’ Queens sketch….SQSC016_onCreatedbyu_Blogspot

LOL, I did resist my initial impulse to add Paper Daisies!!3.triple_Doily_Punched_Silver_Glimmer_paper

Opting instead for doily triple punched silver glimmer paper!  That silver glimmer paper can be a bit tricky to punch or die cut… but the real ‘trick’ is to always have the silver glimmer facing away from the punch mechanism.  So, if you’re punching, you should be able to see the silver through the punched image ‘hole’… if you are die cutting, the white paper background should be against the die, silver glimmer facing up.4.silverflowerbrad_and_Bling

I have a ton of these silver daisy brads… so thought I’d use a few up on today’s challenge card, and added a basic jewel rhinestone to the center of each brad too!5.peace_Banner_and_BlingThe snowflake embossed Marina Mist Card Stock was inked with Whisper White Craft Ink.. and really makes the design pop, don’t you think?

Just for fun, I added a few rhinestones to the little peace sentiment or banner too.

6.double_loop_Bow_CloseUpFollowing the sketch design, I also added a pretty organza double loop bow at the top of the tag, securing it in place with three mini glue dots.

This card has already been mailed away, only stayed long enough to get a photo or two!  I hope it’s new owner likes it!

Hope you’ll play along with the design team this week!  You know the drill… Simply use the sketch above to create a sketch challenge inspired card, project or scrapbook page then visit the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Group to add your creation.

Today is my club’s meeting… and one more craft show this weekend, then I hope to see light at the end of the tunnel!  Hope your Holiday season is a bit more relaxing and peaceful! 

I look forward to reading your comments,

Big Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Ret Cudmore said...

Sharon, You really out did yourself on beauty with this one! I love the blue, I love the silver & bling. It's just a perfect combination! I like it very much, I think I say that every time I comment, but it's the truth!!! Your work is awesome as always.

Candice Crisp Chapman said...

AWESOME! Blue reminds me of cold and BLING reminds me of Christmas (and other things LOL!). The two together are fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration!

Colleenciaccio said...

Wow! Speechless!

Lisa808 said...

Very pretty--love the blue & silver.

Mathgirl64 said...

WOW! Beautiful card. Great tip about the glimmer paper and triple layer punch. I have found punches and glimmer paper challenging!

Fabiola said...

oh wouah! c'est superbe, biz

Kraftychic said...

This is stunning! I love how the white made the Marina Mist just pop when you embossed it! The brads in the center of the snowflakes are great too! TFS!

Ellen said...

Beautiful card Sharon! I love the glitter and glitz along with the blue.