Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rue Des Fleurs & This Weekend’s Blog Hop

Rue Des Fleurs is just one of many wonderful fresh and fun new stamp sets showcased in the Occasions Mini Catalog available on January 4th 2012.  It’s a stamp set which immediately stole my heart, and my chosen showcase set for this weekend’s Stampin’ Addicts Blog hop and tour!

I’ve already provided you one sneak peek project, a card made for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge HERE… and over the next few days, I’ll be sharing additional samples and ideas for using this wonderful new stamp set too!

1.RueDesFleurs_Sharon_field_12-11_occasionS_mini

When I first viewed the Rue Des Fleurs stamp set, a million ideas popped into my head… literally, a million!  If you know me well, you totally know that’s not only possible, but frightening.  The problem becomes…where to start??2.RueDesFleurs_blog_hop_Corset

LOL, I chose to begin with the flower adorned corset image.  Stamped in Early Espresso Classic Ink, it was easy to enhance with markers in shades of pink… and pink rhinestones too!3.stacked_images_vintage-Lace_knot

Stacking the trim image along the left side… didn’t quite get them aligned.  LOL, had I used the Stamp Ma Jig, it wouldn’t have been a problem… but since I eyeball almost everything… well, you know!4.flower_layers-blossom_sharon_field+Createdbyu

Ultimately my Rue Des Fleurs card needed a little something else to provide balance… and a rhinestone enhanced flower did the trick!  This flower was punched using the new blossom punch, embossed with perfect polka dots TIEF and then sponged with crumb cake classic ink.

So… I thought I didn’t NEED another flower punch, but after playing with this one, it wasn’t a matter of NEED, but necessity!!

Tomorrow morning I’ll be sharing two quick and easy, 2 minute CAS cards using the Rue Des Fleurs Stamp Set… and around noon EDT, you’ll see another NEW multi dimensional and layered card using this stamp set along with other elements from the new Occasions Mini Catalog…. be sure to catch a ring side seat for the tour,  you won’t want to miss these samples and ideas!

PS… I’ve got a surprise announcement for the tour too!  Be sure to stop by and leave a comment (hint, hint… )

I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

17 comments:

Sandi said...

Can't wait! Will see you then.

Cindy Ware said...

Beautiful card! Lovely colors.

Libby said...

This is gorgeous Sharon. We don't have this set in Australia but I hope we get it - it's such a lovely set. TFS

Gail S. said...

Sharon - I really like this card! Your flower is really sweet and love the new DSP paper!

Denise Chapman Mohr said...

Love this set! Love what you have done with it! The one and almost only set I didn't get in the preorder! Go figure! Looking forward to your surprises!!

Sharon Field said...

LOL... it was the FIRST stamp set on my list.. AFTER all the other new TOYS!! Too many toys... stay tuned, I'm sharing a whole lot more samples this weekend for the Stampin
Addicts blog tour too!

Sharon Field said...

I love the new DSP too... isn't it fabulous! LOVE that new punch, it's a real MUST have... and just when I thought I didn't NEED another flower punch.. who would have thought??

Sharon Field said...

so sorry Libby... LOL.. I'm planning on offering it as blog candy in January... stay tuned!! ;)

Sharon Field said...

Must have stamp set ;) Hugs!!

Sharon Field said...

It's going to be a fabulous Stampin Addicts tour!! You won't want to miss this one!!

Jan Farring said...

Looking forward to the tour!! Your card is beautiful - can't wait to see tomorrows additions!

Lisa808 said...

Awesome card. Love that image.

Libby said...

Thanks Sharon. I'm away for 1/2 of January at the beach for 2 weeks but can't go swimming or get sand in my eye which I had surgery on just before Christmas. I hope DS can fix my notebook so I can get online. Thisset and the dsp is beautiful - so elegant

Mschulenberg said...

Love your color scheme.

patti said...

I can't wait to get my room back in order so I can get stampin...beautiful card love the colors and the flower.n

Dellis70 said...

So sweet!

Janis said...

Love the card. Need the stamp set.
Jan