Friday, December 30, 2011

Rue Des Fleurs CAS Blog Tour Sneak Peek

Welcome, and Happy New Years’ Weekend!  I know many of you are early risers and readers… and others only come here for the regular Super Saturday Tutorials… LOL. Today, I’ve got something else up my sleeve… The Stampin’ Addicts Occasions Mini Blog Hop and Tour!

The tour doesn’t begin until 12 noon EDT… and not wanting to disappoint my readers, I decided to create two posts today… both posts will feature my blog tour spotlight stamp set:  Rue Des Fleurs… LOL, the tour rules only allow four photos, and I made way too many projects!

This morning I’m sharing one card done two ways… both in a very Clean and Simple (CAS) style, and both featuring the fabulous fun new Occasions Mini stamp set Rue Des Fleurs!1.CAS_Rue_Des_FLeurs_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

The card above is perfect for my senior stamping groups… mounting both stamps on one large block, they only have to ink and stamp once!  The 3.75 x 5” focal VV card stock was popped with dimensional dots, and color was added along all card stock edges using an Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker, but could just as easily be dragged through the ink pad to add color.2.second_stepped_up_Rue_Des_Fleurs_with_Die_Cut_Edges_By_Sharon_FIeld

This one is stepped up a notch… adding an extra Very Vanilla Layer, both were cut using the new Occasions Mini Catalog Edgelits “Adorning Accents” dies!  (The dies may be found on page 7 of the mini catalog… at the bottom of the page, and have matching/coordinating embossing folders too, isn’t that cool?)

After die cutting the card stock, the top two layers were also outlined with an Early Espresso Marker, stamped and glued together before adding three early espresso brads using a mat pack and paper piercing tool. 

LOL, I’ll have to share/show my Senior Stampers the stepped up version too… they’ll probably want to make it in the next session even though it is quite similar to the first card!

Speaking of Seniors.. I’ve finally updated my calendar with all new classes, technique classes, and more… I’m adding a new club in the new year too… check out my Classes and Events tab, and register early, use the Contact Me form!

Stay tuned, and be sure to check back around noon for the start of the Stampin’ Addicts Blog Tour!  I know everyone has been working very hard on their projects.

PS.. the tour will go through Sunday/Midnight PST…. so I’ll see you again on Monday morning.  I look forward to reading your comments.

Have a safe and happy New Year!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Cindy Ware said...

Both of these cards are beautiful! I love the simple elegance of them.

Karen said...

These are lovely! Can't wait to see more

gdailey said...

You know Sharon, I have been following you for years and I've always loved youdesigns. But I have to tell you, you just keep getting better! The clean and simple look of this card is totally elegant and sophisticated. I love it. I need to CASE this exactly for my next class -- thank you for always inspiring me!!

Lisa808 said...

Two simply lovely cards. I like the idea of putting two stamps on one block.

Kris said...

Wow!! All these are great, love them all!

Ms Cookie said...

this is just stunning, I love the simplicity of both cards.... thx for sharing