Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A New Rubber Stamp Set Paz Y Amistad

Today’s card is actually for not just one but THREE challenges… my design team member entry for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge #SQSC17, the Use It Tuesday Holiday Hoard Challenge #USE021, and the SUO December Holiday Challenge #34 too!

As an added bonus, I’m also sharing a technique today… at the end of today’s post, you’ll see a detailed step by step tutorial for the Black Shimmer Paper Technique used on today’s challenge card!

Many of you may not recognize this rubber stamp set, it is actually “Paz Y Amistad”, new this year and exclusive to the Stampin’ Up! Celebrando Creatividad 2011-12 Catalog Issue.  LOL, it was a little hard to miss this year as it appeared on the front cover.  The actual stamp set is found on page 24 if you click the link above.  In translation, Paz y Amistad means Peace and Friendship, but I’ve nick named it the World Peace stamp set!1.SQSC17_SharonField_createdbyu_Blogspot_Paz_Y_Amistad

When I first viewed this Celebrando Creatividad Stamp Set, it was love at first sight… and immediately went on my list of “must have” stamp sets!  Unfortunately, there were too many must have stamp sets for my budget, so this particular one was just acquired a couple months ago.

Exclusive Products available at my  Online Stampin’ Up! Store:

Paz Y Amistad - Wood Mount #124670 / 6 stamps $26.95

Paz Y Amistad - Clear Mount #124672  / 6 stamps $18.95

Celebrando Creatividad 2011-12 Catalog  #125855 / $3.95

There’s a lot of stash stuff on this card… an odd piece of basic black felted Well Worn Specialty  and First Edition Designer Series Paper (DSP), Mini library clip, brads, and of course from my stamp set stash… Paz Y Amistad!2.paz_Y_amistad_item_124672_rubber_Stamp_Focal_Image

Don’t you just love these elegant hands and long fingers?  Yes… I did cut out the stamped images before popping and attaching to the card front.

In addition to the images you see on today’s card, there are also two sentiments, which touched my heart strings too…

  • Con Amor, todo es possible (with love anything is possible.. ) and
  • Mucha gente entrará y saldrá de tu vida, pero solo los amigos verdaderos dejarán huellas en tu corazón.  (many people come and go in your life, but only true friends leave their footprints in your heart)3.dove, embossing, and brads

Isn’t the dove elegant?   I added a little color to his tail, wings and belly with a Pool Party Stampin’ Write Marker, then used an Aqua Painter to blend more color over the highlights.

The pool Party Card Stock was also embossed using my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine and houndstooth Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Wanting the design to pop from the card a bit more than usual, it was then sponged with Pool Party Classic Ink too.4.peace_tag_createdbyu_Blogspot_sqsc16

Love the tiny library clips, and honestly I don’t use them enough, and I have quite a stash of them too!

The “Peace” sentiment is from a second rubber stamp set, Four the Holidays… the entire phrase says “Peace On Earth”  and although I really wanted it on this card, I simply ran out of room!5.profile_View_Full_CaRD_ON_Createdbyu_Blogspot

Here’s a profile view of today’s challenge card.  By now, you’re probably beginning to wonder about that black glimmer paper… it’s really quite elegant in person too!P1080911So.. I guess you probably want to know what/how/where that paper came from too, right?  It used to be Silver Glimmer Paper, can you believe that?  Here’s how I did it:

Supplies:

  • Silver Glimmer Paper Scrap
  • Broad tipped Black Sharpie Marker
  • 2-3 Soft Tissues (kleenex, puffs, etc.)
  • Heat Tool

Black Shimmer Paper Technique:

  1. Cover entire scrap of Silver Shimmer Paper using the broad tip of the sharpie marker, applying with long horizontal strokes across the length of the paper scrap.
  2. Now, ink it again with the Sharpie Marker, but this time make the strokes at vertical and slightly diagonal for the length of the now blackened shimmer paper.
  3. Allow it to set for about 1 minutes.
  4. Layer 2-3 tissues together, and wad into a ball.  Gently pounce (DON’T RUB) the blackened shimmer paper with tissue.  As you pounce, rotate the tissue to a clean area… you are essentially removing excess ink from the glimmer paper.
  5. Once the pouncing produces a virtually ink free sample of tissue, briefly heat set with a pre-heated heat tool.  This step may be un-necessary, but I thought well, better safe than sorry!

6.challenge_Sketch_SQSC17_On_Createdbyu_blogspot

Here’s today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge prompt! I hope you’ll join the Stampin’ Queens Design Team this week and add your sketch based creation to the team site.

See you tomorrow with something new… LOL, if I get that top of my stamp table clean Winking smile  That’s been quite a personal challenge for me with so many craft shows back to back this season!   If you could see the stamping studio today, yikes… probably a good thing you can’t!

I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

17 comments:

ColleenB. said...

Gorgeious card and very nice stamp set.
ColleenB.

Debbie Martin said...

I love this stamp set also! I haven't purchased it yet, but thanks for reminding me. Love the black glitter paper. So creative, thanks for sharing.

Sonya said...

What a stunning card...I love that "globe" heart image. Thanks for joining us at UIT this week!

Candy Chapman said...

What a fitting card this time of year especially we should have peace on our minds! Not that we shouldn't have it all year but you know LOL! Love your cards and can not believe you are able to do a post everyday! Thank you! I apreciate the effert you put in to bring us insperation every day in the way of gorgeous cards and projects!
Toodles,
CandyCC

Robin Messenheimer said...

Gorgeous, Sharon! And it's so nice to see a "new" stamp set - I'll have to go study that catalog a bit more. Thanks for the tutorial on making that beautiful black shimmer paper - and for sharing it all with the SUO Challenge team this week!

Connie Smith said...

Beautiful card.. I need to get some of those unique sets... esp. the one for the Quincenera for my granddaughter who will be 15 this coming year!!

Deb said...

Love this, Sharon, thank you. I also love knowing what the stamps say in English. I hesitate to purchase any of the foreign language stamp sets as I am not sure of what the wording is and therefore, am not sure of how to use them. It would be lovely if they would include an english interpretation in the description, I bet they would sell more of the foreign language stamp sets if they did that. LOL. Thanks again for sharing.
~Deb

Ellen said...

Lovely card and stamp set. I also like the glimmer paper!

Cindy E. said...

Love all the details on this card, and the tip about the black Glimmer Paper. Thanks for joining us this week at SUO Challenges!

Fabiola said...

très chic et classe, biz

Haven said...

beautifully done thanks forsharing with us at Use it Tuesday-Haven

Cindy Ware said...

Really nice! And I love the black shimmer paper. Thanks for the technique.

Prubberstamps said...

Really i love this card and friend thanks for sharing this challenges. I share to all my friends...Personalized Cheap Rubber Stamps

Sharon Field said...

Wasn't that fun? A lot of people paint their shimmer paper using an aqua painter and re-inkers, I have not been too satisfied with the results, color is not solid enough for me, and I don't have the patience or time to wait on it to dry so that I can apply another coat of reinker wash.! The sharpie pen was really easy to do since I had a broad tipped sharpie on my stamp table too!

Heidi Baks said...

I love this stamp set! Thanks for sharing it on SUO Challenges.

Createdbyu said...

Hi Deb, sorry I just saw this... the name of the stamp is Paz Y Amistad (peace and friendship) the greeting says with love, everything is possible (con amor todo es posible), and the last sentiment Mucha gente... says many people come and go in your life but only true friends leave footprints in your heart.

rubber stamp singapore said...

this talent is one of a kind, creativity and passion can be medium for a good living.
I am inspired on this blog. Love it..