Monday, December 12, 2011

My Sunday- 37 Dozen Cookies and more

I really had hoped to stamp today… I really planned to clean my stamping studio today too, I thought it would be nice to start the day with a light breakfast of bruschetta.   The bruschetta was perfectly yummy… just as we like it.  1P1080873Fresh tomatoes, parsley, green onions, and mozzarella cheese with spices on toasted sourdough baguette slices, yum! 

After cleaning up the cookware and dishes, I glanced at the ever visible family calendar posted on the refrigerator door,   YIKES!!  I’d committed to a cookie exchange for today, and 12 dozen plated or packaged cookies! 

After checking the pantry for supplies, I quickly searched the internet and decided to make butter shortbread cookies… sounded easy enough, LOL… that was my first mistake!  The cookies were yummy but hardly festive enough unless I spent a LOT more time dipping them or drizzling them in chocolate.

SO… I whipped up some Maple Shortbread Cookies… not as much maple flavoring as I had hoped for.

Then, I resorted to a tried and true family recipe from my Grandmother.  The Ginger/Molasses Cookies are kind of spicy, and not something everyone likes… but my DH loves them and they do make a whole lot of cookies per batch!

Next, I called the cookie exchange hostess… hoping that I could mix and match the 12 dozen cookie plates… NOT!!  So off to the store my DH went… and once he came home, I spent the rest of the day mixing, and baking, and packaging.1P1080882But, the cookies are done, not what I had hoped for, and there is an overflow of cookies in the house, guess the neighbors will be getting lots of cookies this year too!!1P1080866Saturday’s craft show was slow… it was a damp, cold and dreary day, and I doubt many people even wanted to go outside.  I did get to meet some of my blog readers on Saturday afternoon, and that’s always fun.1P1080864I shared the booth with my friend Chris, and it was good to see some of my other crafty friends whom I hadn’t seen for a while, and meet new ones too.

Today I REALLY plan to clean my stamping studio and find time to begin stamping again, LOL… well, after the luncheon and cookie exchange!  Winking smile

Once I get caught up, I’ll be updating the classes and events calendar for the next quarter beginning with January… What kind of classes or types of events would you like to attend here in Jacksonville, Florida?

It’s a good thing I work ahead on my design team stuff… LOL, I’ll see you tomorrow with TWO cards for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Lisa808 said...

That was a baking marathon! Wish we were neighbors :)

Cindy Ware said...

Wow, what a marathon is right!!! I love homemade cookies! When I bake cookies I EAT too many of them! hee hee