Faith in Nature is just one of many freebies available when you host a Stampin’ Up! Workshop or Party with your BFF’s! I just love the simple multilayered images in this set… the script and sketch images are so sweet, and easy to work with too!
Today’s card share uses the Faith in Nature Stamp Set along with the Netted large format background stamp and Sincere Salutations Stamp Set. It’s a clean and simple (CAS) yet multi-layered design, one that can be copied over, and over and over…
This card which goes together quickly… suitable for men, and almost any occasion too! Today I’m going to give you the cutting instructions for this card as well… so that you can quickly reproduce it as needed.
Faith In Nature CAS Card Cutting Directions
Very Vanilla Card Stock
- Card Base was cut at 8.5” x 5.5” and scored using the simply scored board at 4.25”
- 3.5” x 4” to stamp with the Netted background
- 2” x 2.5” to stamp the focal image (pear on this card)
Garden Green Card Stock
- 4” x 5.25” for large background mat
- 2.5” x 3” for focal image mat
More Mustard Card Stock
- 2.25” x 2.75” for focal image mat
The “Thinking of You” from the Sincere Salutations Stamp Set was inked using Versamark Embossing Ink, sprinkled with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, and then heat set using a heat tool. I love the look of embossing, don’t you?
Also shown in the photo above, the netted background stamp was inked with Garden Green Ink, stamped DTP (direct to paper), and then edges were thumped with a sponge to give the stamped image a bit more depth.
After stamping the pear focal image in Garden Green Ink, sponge daubers were used to color the pear shape, first daffodil delight, then so saffron, followed by peach parfait. I wanted more of an artistic look, so didn’t worry about going outside the lines of the pear shape, LOL. An Aqua Painter was also used to add color to the leaf
After adding a garden green edge to the focal image using a marker, the focal image was attached to both peach parfait and garden green layers, and then to the netted background using stampin’ dimensionals. Just a little pop can add so much to a simple card!
CHANGE IT UP!
Today’s card used the Faith in Nature Stamp Set, but simply changing the focal image and colors, it could easily be a Christmas, Birthday, or Card for any occasion.. Here are some tips!
- Replace the the pear focal image with your favorite Santa or Snowman, and change the color scheme to blue, silver, and white
- Use your favorite punch or die cut in place of the focal image… wouldn’t a pretty silver glimmer paper snowflake be beautiful too? OR… an embossed heart die cut?
- Use primary colors for a great kid’s birthday card… Real Red, Night Of Navy, and Daffodil Delight would be great!
- For another great masculine card, replace the pear with a sail boat or lighthouse image, change the color scheme to muted browns and beiges.
Hope you enjoyed today’s CAS card… Why not create a card using today’s measurements, and share a link to your creations in a comment below, I’d love to see what you do too!
See you tomorrow with a more complicated card and new product sneak peek as well… I think you’re going to really like this one!