Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Color Challenge UDI 65 Two Cards Today!

Just not feeling the color challenges lately… or a couple weeks ago when I was cranking out the UDI Challenge Cards!  It took me two tries to get a card I kind of liked, LOL… but then again, I am my worst critic!  So today, I’m sharing two card and using two different stamp sets as well.

This is the second color challenge based card, which uses all the colors:  Marina Mist, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White… 1.gods_Blessings_stamp_Set_UDI65

The sentiment is from the God’s Blessing’s stamp set… LOL, one of my down-line team members loved this stamp set so much she ordered it three times!  The large paper daisy was colored with a sponge dauber and Daffodil Delight Classic ink…. 2.sponged_paper_daisy_daffodil_Delight

I really wanted a basic black brad for the center of the sponged flower… so used a sharpie marker, versamark and clear embossing powder to change the color of a 5/8” whisper white brad.

After embossing the Marina Mist triangular scrap with the Pretty Petals Die and Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, the top layer was sponged with Whisper White Craft Ink, and heat set with a heat tool too.3.god's blessin sentiment and sponged bkgd

The Whisper White background card stock was also embossed, using the square lattice textured impressions embossing folder, then sponged with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink.  I’ll have to touch up the stamped sentiment with my Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker… the “G” in good didn’t come out too well.. Yikes!  Why is it those things always stick out in the photos?4.cas dump truck card from scraps

This is the first card I made for the challenge… using the “I Dig You” stamp set.  Three whisper white brads were added to the upper right corner of the card, and two 5/16” silver brads were used for truck wheel hub caps.  Three Textured Embossing Folders were used too… houndstooth, square lattice and perfect polka dots.  It’s a very CAS design… and a fun card for a little boy too.5.UDI65_on_Createdbyu_BlogspotHere’s the inspiration piece for today’s UDI64 Color Challenge… LOL, I really should have dusted off my brayer and created a fabulous winter scene!

Finally starting to get a little caught up… I’ve finished all the scheduled craft shows for this month, attended a cookie exchange and luncheon yesterday, and actually made ONE card today!  LOL, still haven’t cleaned the Stamping Studio yet… but tomorrow’s another day!

Tomorrow, I’ll share the fun card and a technique for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge!  Hope you’ll stop by and say hi!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Fabiola said...

super mignonne, tout ces tons de bleu j'aime beaucoup, biz