Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas with the Animals Composition

Do Zoo animals celebrate Christmas too?  We all know those who purchase Christmas presents for their cats and dogs… Do zookeepers and animal handlers do that too?  Why not!!

Today’s stamping share is a bit different…it’s not a card, it’s a composition using several animal stamped images and a Christmas format.  Hope you enjoy it!1.christmas animals collage atc

There were several stamps used to create this Animal Christmas Composition, all which may be found in the Stampin’ Up! Idea Book & Catalog 2011-12 Issue:

  • Christmas Collage #121279* page 150 (background)
  • Natures Nest #113826* page 122 (dragonfly and turtle)
  • Petite Pairs #122495 WM   OR #122497 CM page 164
  • Zoo Review #122197 WM OR #122199 CM page 105

* These stamp sets are currently available ONLY in Wood Mount (WM), not Clear Mount (CM) format.2.DazzlingDiamondsDragonfly

After stamping the  turtle, polar bear and dragonfly images, each was masked with a post it note before stamping the Christmas Collage Stamp using Marina Mist Classic Ink.

I really struggle to color dragonflies and turtles, but am finally getting a little better at the dragonflies I think…

3.turtle shell

After coloring the turtle with markers, water color crayons and an aqua painter, the shell was covered with Crystal Effects (CE).  Unfortunately, my CE was a little bit dry, so it didn’t float evenly on top of the very vanilla card stock resulting in some little voided areas.

Seeking a Creative Opportunity, I resolved the problem by simply touching up the void areas using a versamark pen, clear embossing powder and heat tool… which resulted in a wonderful textured shell.

The base card stock was Very Vanilla, and I wanted a nice white Polar Bear image… so the stamped image was covered using a whisper white Water Color Crayon, direct to paper (dtp).  After letting it set a moment or two, additional color was added using the same water color crayon and an aqua painter.

4.polar_bear_with_texture

To add a little more texture, the polar bear was then thumped with the brush end of a versamark pen, after covering the image with clear embossing powder it was heat set.  I really like how the texture came out, don’t you?4.bell and ribbon treatment

The bells were colored with a Sahara Sand marker, then bling’d with tiny blue rhinestones… adding a bright touch and extra dimension to the Christmas Composition too!

I also used a mat pack and paper piercing tool to pierce the gold embossed ribbon image from the Christmas Collage background.  The holes were then used to thread ribbon through/around the bells.

I hope you enjoyed today’s Christmas Animal Composition… and look forward to reading your comments.

Tomorrow I’m staying home to stamp some more… I have been playing around with denim… hmm.

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Fabiola said...

je n'y aurais pas pensé mais c'est vraiment très très joli, biz

Kelly Wentling said...

Hi Sharon! This is so different and unique and I love it! The animals texture and coloring is out of this world. I really like the dragonfly's wings. I'd love to see this one in person as I bet it is stunning. I appreciate all your talent and what you share with us on your blog each day. Hope you have a blessed Christmas!

Dellis70 said...

Of COURSE zoo animals celebrate Christmas! Just love the collage of images you've employed, and the beautiful elements and colors! Very fun!

Cindy Ware said...

I like this a lot!

Sharon Field said...

Thanks so much De!! I love doing collage images... and should do that more often. Thinking about my direction for 2012 and thinking about travelling and teaching, LOL... but what?? I'm always so distracted by new thing!!