Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wood Sheet, A Swap, ATC’s and Fall Theme

Quick post today as I share two ATC’s made for a recent 1+1 swap… they were actually made some time ago, but I just got word that they were both received and didn’t want to spoil the surprise!1.main.october.fall.leaves.atc.by.sharon.field

The background of this ATC is Wood Sheet painted with a wash of re-inkers and Champagne Shimmer Paint. 2.shimmer.reinker.painted.woodOnce dry, I stamped additional leaves onto the background wood sheet using Cajun Craze and Old Olive Classic Ink.3.shimmer.painted.leaves.and.stamped.leaves  An additional leftover strip of wood sheet was sponged with soft suede Classic Ink and positioned as a band just above the lower edge of the ATC, and then an Antique Brad was added as an embellishment too.4.more.stamped.leaves.along.top.edgeUsing a bit more of re-inker and Champagne Shimmer Paint, color was added to the die cut leaves… one each in soft suede, tangerine tango, and more mustard.5.profile.washedbkground_Fall_Leaves_ATC_Swap_By_Sharon_Field

I really liked this one, wish I had made one for myself too.. maybe some day!

Here is the first “fall leaves” themed ATC which I made… it got lost in the mail for a couple weeks, LOL… I put the wrong street name on the envelope!!  6.ATC_MWS_Mingle_1011

The little leaves are fabric… very glittery and fun, picked up in my travels along the way.  I was trying to make them look like they were tumbling in the wind… not sure I succeeded!  But just in case the recipient didn’t get it…. I added a small jewelry tag punched and hand penned “Blowin in the wind….”

I look forward to reading your comments… and I’ve got to get back to my craft room now so I’ll have something to share tomorrow… YIKES!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the first one best! the second one I wouldn't have gotten either. The tag (blowin' in the wind..) helped. Thank you for sharing.
Toodles,
CandyCC

Natalie said...

love your leaves!! I have some wood sheets I've been wondering what to do with! thanks for inspiring me!

and thanks for visiting my blog! love 'meeting' other stampers!

lisa808 said...

So sparkly and pretty.

Donna Ellis said...

Wonderful leaf cards - wood and fabric - who'da thunk?
It's always a pleasure viewing your cards - now to see the two others I've missed this week....

Hobbydraken said...

Beautiful cards Sharon, I really love the effects on those leaves.
I´m glad you´ve found my blog and thank you for your sweet comment!

Wish you a wonderful day, hugs Nelle.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love both of those!!

Fabiola said...

oh elles sont trop classes, biz