Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Stamping With Misted Water UDI62

Welcome to the latest edition of the Utah Divas International color challenge, UDI62!  Today I’m sharing a background technique that is new to me… which I stumbled upon this weekend… Stamping with Misted Water!water_Stamping_Main_UDI62

I know you’ve got questions… LOL, I’ll explain how it was done, and also provide a link to a video tutorial and the blog where I discovered the technique too.2.water_stamping_close_up

Stamping with water can be a bit tricky…. the stamp needs to be wet, but not TOO wet!  This background was created using French Foliage, and Netted stamps.  Of course, I added my own twist and embossed a Medallion stamp onto the So Saffron Card Stock before approaching the technique.3. seam binding shirring

Added a few ‘little extras’ on this card too… gathered crumb cake seam binding was created by pulling a couple thread in the center of the seam binding while it was still on the roll.  After I had a length suitable for my card, the gathered seam binding was taped to the back of the Very Vanilla layer at both ends, then snipped from the roll.4.Perfectly_Penned_Sentiment

LOL… tried embossing the Perfectly Penned “get well” greeting using Very Vanilla Craft Ink… but it really didn’t show well enough against the Garden Green background… so opted to stamp in Soft Suede, punch out and attach to the card instead.5.UDI62_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

The colors for today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge were Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, So Saffron, Garden Green and Very Vanilla… we’d love to have you play along this week too.  Simply create a project using the colors shown above, upload into an online gallery, blog, or forum and then visit the Utah Divas International Design Team Site to upload the URL of your creation!

Want to see more samples of this technique?  I’ll take that as a Yes!6.Alternate_Sample_On_Very_Vanilla_Card_Stock_Base

This is an excellent example of TOO MUCH WATER!!!  The leaf images from French Foliage bled all over the place!  It does nicely showcase the Netted background stamp though!  This one was done on Very Vanilla Card Stock.6.water_Stamping_On_Crumb_Cake_Base

Another sample, done on Crumb Cake Card Stock… it was ok, but not as dramatic as I had hoped.

Now you want to know how the technique was done, correct?

Basically…. if you’re going to emboss an image (my twist on the technique)… that must be done first.

Next, ink the entire card stock piece… cover everything up.. even the embossing.  In the video, you’ll see a sponge used… I just cut out the middle man, and used the stamp pad direct to paper (DTP)… seemed like a better option!

After choosing the stamps you want to use, generously mist them with WATER… good ‘ole H2O!  I found that if the stamps were too dry, the image did not bleed well enough onto the background, too wet… and all you have is a glop of something.

So… mist your chosen stamp well, pat off the excess with your hand, and stamp DTP.  Leave it in place for 10-20 seconds, and then remove the stamp. 

LOL, it’s really THAT easy!

Here’s the link to the short and sweet video I promised:  Vicky Papaioannou

Have a great day, and hope you’ll leave a sweet comment too!  See you tomorrow with a new Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge… OK?

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

15 comments:

Monica said...

So brilliant... thanks for sharing the video. And your card is awesome.

xxx Monica

Dee in NH said...

Wow! Beautiful cards, even the ones with "mistakes"! Love them!

Melanie said...

This is beautiful Sharon.

Lisa Tedder said...

Sharon, Love this technique!! I love seeing how you progressed to the way you wanted it!!
I have another question for you, but when I email you (sent on 11/2) I never get a response, so wonder if I have the right email address!! :-) Plus, I seem to have emails that go out into wonderland and never to be seen again! LOL
I would love to ask you a question, I know you are busy, so when you have time......ltedder@triad.rr.com Thanks!!

Trudelmj said...

Thank you for sharing this technique, Sharon, I tried it and I love it!

Ilchezhead said...

Sharon, this technique looks stunning, and Ihope, easy. I am definately going to try it after the craziness is done. Thanks so much for sharing it.
Cheesy

Ellen said...

Sharon that is such an elegant card. The background technique is gorgeous and sounds like something that even I could tackle :) Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

inkedx2 said...

Thanks for sharing this great technique! Can't wait to try it.

Avinuity12 said...

Outstanding!! You have done a great job, i am very impressed with your post..

free samples

Rufus said...

Great technique! Thanks for sharing it, I'll def. be trying it.
R/

Yapha Mason said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card! I have never heard of that technique before, it is fabulous!

Fabiola said...

riche et luxueuse, c'est superbe, biz

Mickey Roberts said...

Awesome card, Sharon! A wonderful way to make a one-of-a-kind background.

Adriana said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for passing along the technique!

runningwscissors said...

Great technique!