Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SQSC15 Silver, White,Vellum Christmas

Didn’t have very high hopes for this week’s sketch… I was busy prepping for a couple craft shows and really had very little time to create.  BUT… I did make a commitment and knew last week that I’d better “get it done”…

Gazing at the sketch, I looked at my scrap pile… and there it was… a couple pretty vellum card stock rosettes ‘leftover’ from one of my Super Saturday tutorial projects.  Perfect!!

Here’s this week’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge:1.sqsc15_Sketch_DiagramLOL… you can probably guess what I did with the rosettes!  Here’s today’s SQSC15 Challenge card:SQSC015_Sharon_Field-full_Card_viewThe Whisper White Card Stock background was embossed with the Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.  LOL.. I love my Big Shot, and use it every day!  My electronic die cutting machine doesn’t get a lot of face time, you know what I mean?  I simply don’t have the patience to wait for it to cut single or multiple designs!3.Sqsc15_AntiqueBrad_two_Vellum_RosettesIsn’t that antique brad perfect??  Who says you can’t mix gold and silver?  LOL… my DD used to be a real stickler on that one, but a year of study in Europe and she’s finally over that ‘rule’.4.Glass_Glitter_along_EdgesOF_RosetteLOVE the silver glimmer paper, don’t you?  Doesn’t this look like Christmas… or the first winter snowstorm?  Do you have visions of a glistening blanket of snow, peaceful, clean and quiet?6.Peace_on_Earth_vellum_Banner Most of the time, I use “Merry Christmas” as my card sentiment… especially after that large discount store “happy holidays” debacle a couple years ago… wasn’t that wally world?

This card just felt like a solemn Christmas Snow… and Peace On Earth embossed with Pewter onto vellum card stock seemed quite appropriate.  Agree?7.double_Loop_BowOther little touches and ‘elements’ which make this card sparkle… a pretty Whisper White Organza Double Loop Bow tied on my fingers and attached with mini glue dots, chunky silver glass glitter, Silver Glimmer Paper and Brushed Silver Card Stock…. put it all together and what do you get?8.SQSC015_Sharon_Field_createdbyu_Blogspot_review

Today is the last day of the Online Extravaganza at my Online Stampin’ Up! Store… If you haven’t taken advantage of all the wonderfully discounted exclusive products, better do so soon… time is running out!

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a new project with a lot of bling too…  I’m really excited to share it with you, and think you will love it too.

Hope you’ll stop back by to say hi!

Hugs and a peaceful Christmas Season to all of you!

Sharon

Pin It!

15 comments:

Angie Jones said...

awesome card ...... love all the elements and loving the glimmer paper. Angie xx

Candice Crisp Chapman said...

Gorgeous!
CandyCC

Pamsparks said...

so pretty Sharon! love the silver embossing on the vellum! I need to get that powder out! lol Thanks for inspiring!

Lisa808 said...

Stunning card! Love the vellum rossettes and embossed sentiment on the vellum. The glimmer paper and your pretty bow add the finishes touches.

Lynn Wollenberg said...

That is gorgeous! I don't know how you'd ever get that in an envelope, but it would look great on someone's mantle.

Connie Smith said...

Gorgeous...stunning... love all the white and silver.. Good job lady!!

runningwscissors said...

Beautiful details, Sharon!

de Ellis said...

Wow! This is a beautiful card, Sharon. Love the chunky silver glitter on the edges of the button. Very pretty!

Buzsy said...

Gorgeous card. Love the silver and white. The medallions look fabulous. :o)

KERRSKREATIONS said...

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT YOUR SCRAPS COULD MAKE SUCH A DETAILED CARD. I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. VERY ELEGANT!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING TIME OUT OF YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE TO SHARE WITH US.

Ret Cudmore said...

hiya Sharon! You are so amazing! I love this! It's so very pretty!! very nice!

Fabiola said...

oh wouah, elle est super, biz

Trygod20 said...

Your card is stunning Sharon. So elegant and delicate. What a gorgeous card!

Mickey Roberts said...

Sharon, this card is beyond fabulous! All that bling and sparkle and shimmer and shine. Awesome!

Kath said...

Thanks for inspiring me to make these http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.com/2011/12/ornament-tag.html