Monday, November 7, 2011

A Really Bad Card Making Day!

Been away from my craft room a couple days… it’s amazing how badly that can impact my mojo!!  LOL, but I’m going to share Sunday’s hand made cards anyway… because everyone has those days, myself included! 

The concept was ok… the colors yuck!  This is one I made for a couple challenge sites, really hesitated posting it to the Tuesday Trio Challenge #91 and the Play Date Café PDCC106  Challenge!P1080246The tree was made with paper daisies cut into sections after painting with Regal Rose Re-Inker and Champagne Shimmer Paint.P1080253Isn’t it amazing how you notice things through a camera lens that you may have missed when shooting the photo?  LOL, the migrating tiny paper daisy was put into it’s proper place after I took the photo! 

The pink and white flowers were made with the smallest, and next smallest paper daisies.  After painting with Regal Rose Re-inker and Champagne Shimmer Paint, 4 petals were cut away, the two outer petals were overlapped and glued in place.  The flower had lots of dimension, i.e. it really stuck out from the card… so I just smashed it down.P1080251All the yellow bling you see on today’s handmade card is actually Basic Rhinestone Jewels colored with a yellow sharpie marker.  The permanent ink is perfect for recoloring the rhinestones, although you really have to experiment to get them to match your project!P1080255Silver Smooch was used to color the raised embossed ‘dots’ from the finial press embossed whisper white background… it was also added along the edges of the focal background piece.P1080249Pewter Embossing powder and sentiment from the Petite Pairs Stamp Set are combined with Silver Smooch hand painted around the outer edge of the oval punched sentiment.P1080257I really liked how the paper daisy tree came out…. two extra large paper daisies were used, each layer was popped up with the help of Stampin’ Dimensionals too.

The Tuesday Trio Challenge featured as sketch and a challenge… the challenge was to have something raised or popped up on your card… no problem, right? TT091_On_Createdbyu_Blogspot_ComIf you’re wondering where my color combo came from, that would be the Play Date Café Challenge… to use yellow, gray, and white in a hand made card!

Another crazy card… actually the pieced background had been lying around my craft table for a couple weeks. I wasn’t too crazy about it but decided to try to use it for the Paper Players Challenge #71 which required 3 papers, 2 ribbons, 1 punch and some glitter.P1080233LOL… after I put the entire card together I was VERY unhappy with it, so attacked with with Champagne Shimmer Paint.  Not too sure that was a very good idea!P1080237I did like the way the snowflake embossed and rhinestone studded tree came out!  The champagne shimmer paint looks really cool on the embossed wild wasabi card stock!P1080235And… the Early Espresso Quilted Satin Ribbon came out pretty cool too.

Tomorrow’s craft room experience will be both more productive than just two cards, and something a bit more interesting too!  LOL… I always work better when everyone’s at work!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutly love the first card! My sister is into pink and a pink Christmas tree would be perfect! The second card was nice just a little to much smooch for my taste. Thats why we have chocolate and vanilla. to each its own. Thank You for the insperations!
Toodles,
CandyCC

Fabiola said...

super joli, biz

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a busy, creative day you've had! Great cards, Sharon! I love your daisy tree! Your embossed and rhinestone encrusted tree on your Paper Players card was gorgeous and unique! Thanks for joining the Players this week!

rubber stamps said...

I really like these cards..
Thanks..

ריקי ארברמן said...

lovely cards!
thank you for playing with us!
Riki Arberman, dt Tuesday Trio

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! You have knocked me out of my chair with your embossing and details of glitter and layers! LOVE your first card--and your second one is AMAZING! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Patrice H said...

I don't know what you think is a "Bad Card Day" means, But I like them both. I think the tree is amazing.

Julie Marshall said...

Oh what shimmery goodness! I love the DSP panels and the ribbon treatment. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie said...

Sharon, if this is a "bad" card day, then sign me up immediately!! Both of these cards are over-the-top beautiful. I love that layered pink tree with all of it's pretty detail. Your second card, truly shows how everything is better with bling! Sparkly, festive fabulous-ness! :)

Thank you so much for playing along with my recipe challenge this week at the Paper Players! (hugs)

Orli said...

great works!
so much glitters!!! I love it
thank you for join us
Orli Tuesday trio DT

Lesley said...

You did a great job with the challenges, I love the glimmer to the second card and the fun way you created both trees! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

Nance Leedy said...

What a creative way to make Christmas trees! The paper daises is genius and I love all the sparkle on the second card! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players!

Tara Bilbao said...

Ahhh, I can relate to the abandonment of Mojo, but my dear, yours is still here. These cards are shimmery and fabulous. And if you're not happy , why not have some Champagne?:) Great job on the challenge. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week!

Maya said...

Love all the shimmer! Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Trio!