Sunday, November 13, 2011

Morning Cup and DSP Easel Fun

Good Sunday Morning!  Today’s card features a conglomerate of Designer Series Papers, along with the Morning Cup stamp set for a cute and fun easel card… Hope you like it!1.morning cup easel card sharon field

Isn’t this cool?  Sometimes it’s fun to mix up your designer series paper packs, and come up with a fresh color combination.  I started with just the stamped coffee pot and stacked cup images… and then just added whatever from my scrap pile!2.morning cup_focal image and dsp

All the designer series papers are current, LOL… but each is from a different designer series paper pack!  The brads on the focal image are new, in the 2010-11 Idea Book And Catalog…. they’re tiny mini brads!  There are 200 mini brads in a package, so just one package goes a very long way, even if you use SEVEN on one card!3.punch stop on easel card is popped up

I stamped the steamy little curly cues onto Whisper White Card Stock, and then stamped the cups onto scraps, and cut them out.  After popping them up with Stampin’ Dimensionals, I realized that the easel was going to stand open fine when it bumped into the coffee cups… but covered up the steam! 

So… to remedy the situation, two more mini Brads and a couple punches later, a new easel stop was added with an additional sentiment to the inside of the card.

Don’t you just love that sentiment, “caffeine isn’t a drug, it’s a vitamin”… too funny!  I’m not quite sure why I resisted buying this stamp set… already I can see that I’ll get tons of use out of it!  LOL… well, I didn’t buy it either… it was one of the freebies I recently earned as a demonstrator.

I know many of you want the supply list… and I’ve been a bit negligent of late with the supply lists so here you go..

Stamps:  Morning Cup

Classic Ink:  Early Espresso

Card Stock:

Real Red Riding Hood Red
Whisper White Garden Green
Not Quite Navy Marina Mist

Designer Series Papers:

Frost Wood Lodge Regals DSP Pack
Domestic Goddess Big Top Birthday
Cheerful Treat (Hostess)  

Accessories:

Stampin’ Dimensionals Regals Buttons
Mini Brads Mini Glue Dots
White Bakers Twine Snips
Simply Scored Modern Label Punch
Paper Piercing Tool Mat Pack
Word Window Punch Multipurpose Adhesive

Today’s card layout was inspired by a gorgeous easel card by Eviebee!  She loves to offset focal images, and frequently uses offset staging in her cards and projects.

See you tomorrow with another new (to me) stamp set… and fresh new card too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Fabiola said...

trop bien! biz

lisa808 said...

The different papers work so nicely together. The little cups and steam are adorable.

Sandra said...

very nice!
Sandra ltb

Eva J said...

Hi....... wow I am so happy I can inspire you to do this card. I´m touched by your nice words, you make my day. Your card is so colourful and I love the words on it....love coffee. Have a lovley evening
Hugs Eva / Eviebee

Patrice H said...

What an amazing layout!!! Eva did good! Your card is really very striking!