Monday, November 28, 2011

More Arrangements, Reviving A Lost Art

Yesterday I promised to share some more stamped candy arrangements… and I will do that today, but first I wanted to share something a bit different.

A few months ago, one of my neighbors shared an incomplete project her mother once worked on many, many years ago.  She knew that I had done a lot of beadwork, and asked if I’d be interested in finishing it for her.  LOL.. I had NEVER seen anything like what she revealed tucked inside that old biscuit tin, but was definitely intrigued.

There were a lot of plastic iridescent beads in the tin, but certainly not enough to finish the project Smile  There were some gold sequins, tiny metallic beads and ribbon trim too.  I could tell that the partially completed antique acorn tea strainer/ornament would be a challenge, and that her mother must have had a lot of patience and very small fingers!

LOL… well, agreeing to finish before Thanksgiving, I took the precious tin back home.  But my schedule was very busy… and the beads were no where to be found… so I thought I’d wait until closer to the holidays when these types of beads are more commonly located.  Time went by, I forgot about the tin… and then suddenly realized it was November and that I had a promise to fulfill. 

I quickly realized that the enclosed instructions were totally useless, as her mother apparently made up her own pattern…And that I was approximately 170 beads short… Yikes!  Here’s the finished Antique Acorn Tea Strainer Ornament.1.Antique Acorn Tea Strainer Ornament

Delivered, as promised before Thanksgiving, the shiny crystal Acorn Tea Strainer Ornament is now hanging in a place of honor in the foyer of her home.2.Antique Acorn Tea Strainer Ornament Close upThe beads were all sewn to the tea ball… so working in a tiny space was a bit of a challenge!  I wish I could find another acorn tea strainer locally, I think I’d actually make another one!3. Retired Stamp Set Flower Arrangement By SHaron_FieldMore retired stamps… my goal was to not spend too much time coloring, more time assembling and producing.4. Retired Stamp Set Flower Arrangement By SHaron_FieldAgain, each stamped image also has a piece of chocolate attached to it’s back.5. Retired Stamp Set Flower Arrangement By SHaron_Field

6_3. Retired Stamp Set Flower Arrangement By SHaron_Field

I decided to use some retired card stock too… hope they sell!

There’s just two more days of the Online Extravaganza Sale at my Online Stampin’ Up Store!  Still some very good deals to be had too… be sure to check it out!

See you tomorrow, I look forward to reading your comments.

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

14 comments:

Soniasv said...

Such beauty!!

ColleenB. said...

The tea strainer is Gorgeious. Done a wonderful job.
Love them candy bouquets as well.
Hope to get one made up for our neighbors this year. I think they will enjoy these.
Thanks again for the inspiration.
ColleenB.

Ret Cudmore said...

Sharon, you're so amazing! That is just so beautiful!! Kudo's to you for agreeing to take on such a challenge!!! It's lovely. sending you an email, so be on the look out. LOL

Donna said...

Gorgeous ornament, Sharon! It's amazing that you could finish the project without instructions. Love the idea of the center pieces too. I may try to make one for my work exchange. I think they's love it!

Judywells42 said...

That was a beautiful ornament. I could just see this hanging on my tree.

Kelly Wenlting said...

Hi Sharon! Oh my, what a beautiful ornament you have helped to create! Elegant, stunning, graceful too. What a friend you are to complete this project for her to enjoy. That is a gift my friend! Thanks so much for sharing. I've never seen anything like that before. My hands are much too big to try this skill. lol!

inkedx2 said...

Your beaded ornament is beautiful! Love the idea. As an added selling point highlight the candy bouquet as when the candy is gone they can use the cards as tags on gifts! Hope that will help you sell them! I may even have to make a few of these as gifts also! :)

Lisa808 said...

Sharon, the ornament is gorgeous! I can't even begin to imagine how you did all that intricate work.

Good luck at the craft fair. The candy centerpieces are such a fun idea.

KERRSKREATIONS said...

YOUR ORNAMENT PROJECT REMINDS ME OF THE OLD TIME CHANDELIERS BACK IN THE DAYS OF OLD HOLLYWOOD. GORGEOUS. WHAT PATIENCE TO MAKE A PIECE OF ART SUCH AS THAT. CHERISHED MEMORIES FOR ALL INVOLVED IN THIS PROJECT. I LOVE YOUR CUTE RETIRED CHRISTMAS STAMPS. MAY YOU HAVE A SEASON FILLED WITH JOY AND PEACE IN YOUR HEART. THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR TUTORIALS/POSTS. I HAVE GROWN TO LOVE CREATING EVEN MORE THROUGH YOU.

Candycc said...

LOVE THE ORNAMENT! I would love to make one also LOL! The center piece idea is perfect! I am sure they will be a hot sales idem! Good Luck!
Toodles,
CandyCC

Penny in Vegas said...

OMG Sharon this is just breathtaking. You did a beautiful job
Penny in Vegas

Pam Sparks said...

fabulous creating Sharon! WOW!

Jean Fitch said...

Amazing job on the ornament. You must have youthful eyes as well as nimble fingers. Love the chocolate holders too. One of my favorite retired Christmas stamp sets. Makes me smile whenever I see it. Must be my love of woodblock designs...this is a perfect replica of that style.

Deb said...

Hi, Sharon, I've been hunting everywhere for instructions to get me started on a beaded tea ball ornament... do you still have them? I wonder if you'd be willing to share! :-)