Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Majestic Lion and SQSC13 Zoo Review

The king of the jungle… the Majestic Lion, and one of several animal images in the Zoo Review Stamp Set.  Unsure of just how to color the handsome and regal animal, I spent some time experimenting a while back… and then just set it aside.

LOL… when I saw today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge, my regal lion stamp immediately came to mind!  It was sitting right in front of me with an already embossed piece of wood sheet, and was perfect for today’s layout.1.sqsc13_zoo_Review_lion_Sharon_Field

It’s funny how you can stamp something and be terribly unsatisfied with how it came out… and a few days or weeks later pick it back up and decide it’s not so bad after all!  That happens to me a lot… how about you?2.coloring the lion and embossed wheat

The wheat images were stamped with versa mark ink, and then embossed in gold… and are from the Autumn Days Stamp Set.  The majestic lion was also stamped with soft suede classic ink, and then colored with crumb cake, river rock, peach parfait, so saffron, and more mustard markers and aqua painter.  The day I colored him, he was pretty well saturated!  I wasn’t too sure about adding the Pear Pizzazz grass… but in retrospect, I guess it looks ok too… what do you think?3.crowining the king of beasts vintage tag stamped

The king of beasts needs a crown, right?  The crown from Tiny Tags fit perfectly onto the Vintage Tag too.  It was tied to 3/8” twill tape with the cord included in the tag package… A wonderfully masculine card for a guy, wouldn’t this make a great Fathers’ Day Card too?4. elegant houndstooth embossed wood sheet

The Houndstooth embossed wood sheet was sponged with Soft Suede Classic Ink before attaching it to the Cajun Craze Card Stock and Well Worn Designer Series Paper.  I had to tell myself to step away from the card, wanting to emboss the Cajun Craze layer and give it a bit of texture too, but didn’t want it to compete with the elegant embossed wood!5.sentiment from sincere salutations

“Thinking Of You” comes from the Sincere Salutations stamp set… a must have in the stamp room collection. Smile  Three mini brads were added to the wide oval punched sentiment which was then sponged with Early Espresso Classic Ink and attached to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals too.

We’d love to have you play along with the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge this week!  Simply use today’s sketch and visit the Stampin’ Queens Design Team Blog to upload the URL of your creation… you know the drill!

I look forward to reading your comments!  See you tomorrow with a new challenge from the design team at Creative-Sketches!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

5 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Majestic indeed!

Susan said...

Sharon, you put the icing on the cake! I bought this set & LOVE IT!
I think, if it were me, I'd continue coloring the green, for the grass, making it looked finished [just my thoughts]

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love that lion, and I bet IRL it looks really amazing with the gold embossed wheat!

Diane said...

This is gorgeous! Terrific coloring and love the "crowning" touch. Thank you for dropping by my blog. Blessings, Diane

Fabiola said...

la jungle ce n'est pas ma tasse de thé mais elle est vraiment super jolie, je suis comme toi, parfois je dois attendre plus tard pour être satisfaite de ce que j'ai fait, biz