Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Made My Own Background Stamp SQSC11

For today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge SQSC11, you’ll see the Pennant Builders Stamp Set and Punch used along with the Borderlines Stamp Set and borrowed greetings from a plethora of other stamp sets.1.sqsc011_Sharon_Field_blog Candy

LOL… AND, I made my own background stamp too!2.sqsc_background_Stamped_Greetings

The “Merry Christmas” collaborative sentiment piece is comprised of many greetings from many different clear mount stamp sets.  Just for fun, I mounted them onto a clear block, and made my own background stamp which was then inked with Real Red classic ink and stamped onto Whisper White card stock... isn’t it cool?3.sanded and embossed dsp

To provide additional texture, Pool Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) was mounted onto Real Red card stock, and then embossed using the Finial Press Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and Big Shot Machine.  The top layer was then gently sanded to reveal the core white paper beneath the Pool Party print.4.flowers are paper daisies

Today’s SQSC11 challenge sketch had two medium size flowers on one corner… the larger blooms kind of dwarfed my card, so I substituted three smaller ones instead, and gave them a bit of bling, adding a medium rhinestone to each floral center.5.popped pennant punch tree and triple loop bow

Only one of the pennant builders tree images was punched and popped on the focal image, the other images were stamped DT (direct to paper).  Although the vine was inked and stamped with Wild Wasabi classic ink, I really wanted red berries… the vine only had one berry where you now see three… after inking over the wild wasabi one with a real red marker, I simply added two more.

The triple loop bow on the focal image is a variation of the infamous double loop bow tied on my fingers, lol… and is achieved by adding one more loop around before tying it off.6.profile_blogCandy_Sharon_Field

Like most cards, this one is much prettier in person… and I’d love to send it to ONE lucky winner to be picked by random.org7.SQSC011_on_Createdbyu_BlogspotAll YOU have to do is leave a comment on this post, and/or play along with us at the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Design Team this week!  (Pssst… I hear that some of the other team members may be giving away some blog candy too… so you’ll want to check out their sites as well!)

The winner will be announced on Wednesday November 9th… so you have until Tuesday evening to play along and/or leave a comment.

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

14 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

Beautiful card,Sharon! Thanks for the chance to win this card. I'd love to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

I absolutly love the background stamp you made! How authentic!
and blog candy too!
Toodles,
CandyCC

Donna Ellis said...

Love what you have done with this card! UMs are versatile. I enjoy cutting them apart and rearranging them on the acrylic blocks. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card in such delightfully pretty colors!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card, Sharon. Great idea to make a background stamp with the individual sentiments.

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon! What a festive and pretty card! I love your background stamp. Really cool looking. Now why didn't I think of doing that? lol I also like this sketch turned on it's side like you did. Gorgeous!

Mari said...

What a beautiful card! I loved your idea of combining several Christmas sentiment stamps to make the background. This is certainly one idea I will copy and use.
Thank you,
Mari

Doreen said...

How clever of you, this is one gorgeous card. Your blog posts are full of inspirational tips and techniques, am so glad i have subscribed to it. Thank you.

Fabiola said...

super élégante! biz

Jackie Bultje said...

Sharon, I love this card, especially the way you made your own background stamp using sentiments from various Christmas sets. Great idea!!!

Anne said...

Wow, your card is so georgeus! Love the image of the freezing trees, the entire card is just perfectly put together.

Hugs, Anne.

Patricia Huber said...

I love the sanding of the pool party. Aw heck, I love every one of your cards. Another fine job.

Angie Jones said...

Love your card as usual Sharon - have added mine to this weeks challenge.

Charlotte said...

Another beautiful card! Absolutely LOVE the background stamp you created! It's things like that which set truly talented/creative people apart from the rest of us.

Ret said...

Sharon, this is such a lovely card and I would be honored to win one! Thanks for the chance.
It's so pretty!