Monday, November 14, 2011

A Little Birdie Told Me… CAS Card Day!

Texture can add SO much to an otherwise Clean and Simple (CAS) card, don’t you think?  Today’s CAS card design features the “Best of Everything” stamp set, a little bling, punched lace border, texture and 5/8” brads.  Put them all together, and…1.best_Of_Everything_littlebirdie cardLOL… I chose the “Best of Everything” stamp set because the simple designs would be easy to use, and I really liked the little tree…. I thought it would be the very first stamp I used after putting the labels onto my clear mount stamps, but it wasn’t!2.dazzling diamonds on stamped images and popped birdie

When the stamp set arrived, I quickly fell in love with the tall stitched flowers…. remind me of a dandelion post bloom… you know, the ones you made a wish on when you were a kid?  I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to each floral bloom using a two way glue pen, just for fun.

The little birdie was kind of cute too.  I used four of the ten stamped images from the “Best of Everything” stamp set on today’s card… Unfortunately, the tree didn’t get used yet… but I’m quite sure it will!3.brads and texture along with border punch

Two embossing folders were used on today’s card… square lattice on the old olive card stock, and perfect polka dots on the whisper white card stock background. 

Whisper White 5/8” brads were added using a mat pack and paper piercing tool for perfect placement, and to balance the snipped and popped birdie on the opposite corner. 

I don’t use border punches very much… but this one just happened to be sitting on my stamp room table, so I thought it would look nice alongside the Rich Razzleberry card stock.  It’s kind of a fresh, fun and clean card today which went together in 5 minutes flat!

See you tomorrow, I look forward to reading your comments and if you have any questions please feel free to use the contact me tab at the top of today’s post!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Fabiola said...

très très jolie, c'est toujours mignon les petits oiseaux, biz

Patrice H said...

Sharon I so miss visiting your blog! Life is in the way! Your CAS card is adorable I love the little bird and the touch of bling too!