Friday, November 25, 2011

Layered Background And A Pretty CAS Card

This is one of the cards made this week to say thank you to those who placed orders in my online stampin’ Up Store.  LOL, I woke up one morning, with a vision of layering background stamps and images… and then off to my stamping studio I went to create a pretty background!1.background detail cas card 112511

Today I’m showing the images of my card in reverse… so you can see how it came together too… The background was first stamped with the En Francais stamp set using River Rock Classic Ink.

Next, the same piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock was stamped with the Netted background using Crumb Cake Classic Ink, followed by the random floral images from the Creative Elements Stamp Set and Calypso Coral Classic Ink.

The next step was to add sponged Calypso Coral Classic Ink to the edges of the card stock.2.just_Thank_You_stamped_And_punchedThe same process was repeated onto a scrap of very vanilla Card Stock… only this time before stamping the floral image, it was inked, stamped OFF, and then stamped onto the card stock scrap.

The sentiment “Just Thank You” is an often overlooked stamp found on page 20 of the Idea Book And Catalog, it’s just $6.95 and fits perfectly inside the Designer Label Punch!3.hand_Dyed_Ribbon_Calypso_Coral_And_Double_Loope_BowWhat a shock… went to my ribbon tray, and there wasn’t any Calypso Coral ribbon to be found!!  SO… it was time to make some handmade hand-dyed ribbon.  Both sides of Whisper White Taffeta ribbon with Calypso Coral Ink, and let it dry before creating a pretty double loop bow and attaching it to ribbon strung along the side of the card.4.full_Card_View_Cas_BackgroundA narrow border of Early Espresso Card Stock frames the background…. and a couple pearls were added just for fun.

I hope you enjoyed today’s CAS multi stamped background… and I want to extend a warm thank you to those who placed online orders this week too!

Of course the extravaganza is still going on through November 30th… so you have a few more days to take advantage of all the fabulous sale items.  Stop by my Online Stampin’ Up! Store to make your selections today, and have your exclusive supplies delivered to your door… it’s really that simple!

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a new exclusive project here on Created By You, I hope you’ll stop back by and take a moment to say hi!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Annette said...

This is a very beautifully layered background Sharon. The images and colours have come together so well. Thanks for the inspiration.

Fabiola said...

oh elle est adorable! biz

Connie Smith said...

This is beautiful..never even noticed this Thank You stamp before!! TFS!!

KERRSKREATIONS said...

I WAS JUST THINKING TODAY HOW I COULD LAYER BACKGROUNDS AND THEN I OPEN YOUR POST....WOW! YOU NAILED IT!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR IN MY HEAD! YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE DETAILS AND IT LOOKS SO CLASSY. I LOVE IT, BIG TIME!

Sue Deane said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful! Gorgeous. I love the colors. It looks like the flowers are from the set You Are Loved which is on my wish list. Thank you for sharing.

Jamie said...

This is sooo pretty! I love the colors. I love ALL of it!

Trygod20 said...

You did such an awesome job on this card the color is amazing!!

Jean Fitch said...

Love all the gorgeous elements and your very detailed layering. The overall effect is wonderful. You my friend though are making me crazy in this early am. After getting my preorder in for Occasions I settled back to enjoy your amazing blog and wham...one this gorgeous card took my breath away...but now two... I'm going nuts trying to find the floral stamp. I'm looking at Creative Elements and not seeing this image. Help my friend...what does the stamp box say the name is of that lovely floral image? Boy oh boy do I hope its not retired.... I think Creative Elements has a visitor - LOL!

Jean Fitch said...

Yay! Found the floral image finally. It's actually from the Holiday Mini set...You are Loved. Now I really have to get that set! Thanks for enabling my SU stamping addiction Sharon. They do say that recognizing the problem is the first step. In this case...the first step into buying more rubber!!