Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Happy Hello to Nancy Walters UDI 63

This week I just happened to check my Facebook account… and read a story posted by one of my friends about Nancy Walters.  Nancy recently lost both her parents, and even though she is 60 years old, has the mental ability of a 12 year old.  It nearly broke my heart when I read that Nancy told my friend  “I thought everyone forgot about me”.   My friend asked all her stamping friends to shower Nancy with some cards… so, of course I just had to respond!

Looking at my stamp shelf, I tried to think of the perfect card to make for Nancy, or any 12 year old child, and something that may bring cheer to her day.  The “Make a Monster” stamp set perfectly fit the bill!1.Main_Make_A_Monster_Cas_Card_For_Nancy

This week’s UDI Color Challenge featured bright fall colors, which I though would also make really cool and happy monsters too!2.colorful monsters cast a purple shadow

Of course, this card was going to a 12 year old GIRL… so I wanted the monsters to appear more girly too!  Adding some hair, eyelashes, etc.  And I added a little fun twist too these little monsters cast a purple shadow!3. pretty monsters with footwear

LOL.. modified the middle monster to make her look like she was rollerblading… ant the one on the right, well I gave her fancy footwear too.  I wish I had added nail polish and earrings before I popped it in the mail… maybe next time!

Hope you’ll play along with the UDI Color Challenge Design Team this week… here’s the inspiration photo…UDI63_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

Simply use the colors Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz and Whisper White in your UDI63 color challenge creation… then pop over to the Utah Divas International Blog  to link up the URL of your creation… you know the drill!

See you tomorrow with another fun challenge from the Stampin’ Queens!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Wilma said...

My heart goes out to Nancy. My brother is 58 and in a similar situation, except that our mother is still alive. We just went to visit him a couple of days ago - he lives in a state-operated group home. At least he'll still have me and his housemates when my mom passes on, but it will be very hard on him. Thank you for trying to help Nancy -- I pray her friends and family continue to support her even after the "newness" of her loss wears away.

Fabiola said...

trop fun, elle est super marrante! biz