You’ve asked for tutorials on the projects, so this weekend’s project will begin a kick-off series on the projects. Each Saturday, for three consecutive weeks I will feature a tutorial on one of the projects featured during the tour.
This weekend is the HUGE Florida-Georgia Football Game here in Jacksonville, Florida… and I’m “kicking-off” the tutorial series with the Silver Glimmer Ornament Box! (LOL… don’t try to go out to dinner here in Jacksonville this weekend without reservations, you’ll be waiting for a very long time!)
Be sure to read all the way through today’s post… there’s a LIMITED TIME SPECIAL OFFER at the end of today’s tutorial which you may need to act on right away!
Supplies for the Silver Glimmer Ornament Box:
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
|Silver Glimmer Paper||Brushed Gold Card Stock|
|Stampin’ Dimensionals (7)||Basic Jewel Rhinestones (2)|
|Doily Triple Punch||2-3/8” Scallop Circle Punch|
|Antique Brads (1)||Vanilla Pearl 1/2” Bauble|
|Mat Pack||Big Shot Die Cutting Machine|
|Paper Piercing Tool||Bitty Box & Envelope Die|
|Champagne Shimmer Paint||Extended Premium Crease Pad|
Non- Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
- 10mm Jump Ring*
- Jewelry Pliers – 2 pair**
- 90% Rubbing Alcohol (not shown)
- Mini Mister or Fine Art Mist Spritzer Bottle (not shown)
- Fancy Ornament Hanger with Crystal
* A 10mm jump ring is much larger than the one included with the pearl bauble (The supply photo shows the jump ring included with the bauble with a red X through it.) The 10mm jump ring is large enough to go inside and outside the box. Alternatively, you could use wire or tinsel wire, but I preferred the unencumbered, clean look which the jump ring gave to the inside of the box.
**Although Jewelry Pliers are suggested, you could also use needle-nosed or split ring pliers.
Step by Step Instructions for today’s tutorial…
Silver Glimmer Ornament Box
- Mix up a batch of Shimmer Mist, spray the paper daisy with the Champagne Shimmer Mist then set aside and allow to dry.
- Die cut 7-1/2” x 5-1/4” piece of silver glimmer paper using the Sizzix Big Shot Machine, Bitty Box and Envelope Die and Silicone Crease Pad.
- Use Bone Folder to crease along all scored lines.
- Fold one (lid) flap on the bitty box die cut inwards. Place on foam mat from Mat Pack, and pierce through two layers of Silver Glimmer Paper using the Paper Piercing Tool.
- Remove Paper Piercing Tool, open flap up and align with the adjacent box side. Using the previous pierced flap as a guide, pierce through both layers of Silver Glimmer Paper.
- Identify corner and flaps directly opposite to the one you just pierced and repeat steps (3) and (4).
- Fold flap toward lid of box, working from the outside of the box, insert paper trimmer through all three holes in the box corner. Repeat for opposite corner pierced pieces.
- Use 2 pairs of jewelry pliers to “rock” open the 6mm Jewelry Ring.
- Fold lid flap inward towards box and working from the outside of the box, insert jewelry ring through all three holes in box corner.
- Use jewelry pliers and back/forth motion to rock the ring back to closed status.
- Attach a bobble to the 6mm ring, add a small basic jewel rhinestone to the center of the vanilla pearl bauble.
- Fold in flap on opposite (pierced) corner, and insert the ornament hanger through all three holes.
- Cut Brushed Gold card stock with the 2-3/8” scalloped circle punch, and one silver glimmer Doily Triple Punch on first punch setting.
- Insert an Antique Brad through center of the Doily Triple Punched Glimmer Paper, and flatten prongs on back of the Paper Daisy.
- Attach one Stampin’ Dimensional to the flattened prongs, and attach to the shimmer misted Paper Daisy from step 1.
- Attach three Stampin’ Dimensionals to the center and both sides of the 2-3/8” Brushed Gold card stock scallop circle punch.
- Remove the protective paper covering from one set of Stampin’ Dimensionals, center paper daisy and attach. TIP: Inserting your fingernail firmly into the protective paper covering of Stampin’ Dimensionals will make them curl and lift slightly along the edges… which also makes them much easier to peel.
- Remove protective paper covering from remaining three Stampin’ Dimensionals, and attach to the center of the Silver Glimmer Ornament Box!
Congratulations! You’re done!
The Silver Glimmer Ornament Box is so easy to put together using the Big Shot Machine and Die!
- not having to enlarge and transfer box templates any more…
- not waiting what seems like a lifetime for the electronic cutting machine to finish the job, or…
- wasting how much paper getting the measurements just right…
- Getting $540.95 worth of product for just $175!
Right now, you can get a FREE Big Shot Machine with the Stampin’ Up! Standard Starter Kit! The Standard Starter Kit is just $175, and includes all the basic tools you’ll need to get started right away! With a normal retail value of more than $345, for the next two days it also includes a FREE Big Shot Machine, or $100 in free product of your choice… that’s a value of $445.
Sounds pretty good, right? Well, I’m adding a second bonus to the deal! When you Join My Team, I’ll also add a brand new Tabletop Paper Cutter to the deal!! That’s another $45.95… bringing the value of your $175 purchase to $540.95!! This is a LIMITED TIME OFFER, ONLY good through me… and ONLY when you>>>> sign up online<<<< through Monday October 31, 2011.
I’d love to have you on my team… whether you’re a hobby demonstrator, business demonstrator, or just want to take advantage of the deal! If you have questions, you can visit my newly updated Frequently Asked Questions Page, or Contact Me for more information!
See you tomorrow with all new projects… LOL, and no sales pitch!