Saturday, October 8, 2011

Outside the ‘planned’ publication…

My plan for this morning was to publish the Super Saturday Tutorial well in advance so that you could easily view it upon your first look/visit this morning.  So much for the well planned stuff.. life gets in the way!!  Today, I’ll be sharing two dangling ornament cards…

Sometimes I wish I was one of those bloggers publishing posts 3 to 6 weeks in advance, but then I couldn’t really bring you my latest discoveries!   So… today, we’ll have a delay in publishing the Super Saturday Tutorial… until I’m back home from a local craft show, or possibly tomorrow!  Up to my eyeballs in stuff… been there?  Or Done that?

My project is 3-d, and I think you’ll love it, please come back see me later today or early tomorrow morning!

In the mean time, I really don’t want to disappoint.. so here are a few CAS, aka clean and simple cards from recent events!

I was playing around with the prospect of making a card with ‘dangling ornaments’… CAS, yet 3-D for an upcoming CAS Christmas card class…

If you’ve been a follower or reader for any length of time, you know that I just can’t do slap and stick stamping… well, I can, but I really don’t like to share that sort of thing Smile as I don’t want to cheat my readers!

So… I actually made three dangling ornament cards, LOL, the first one I didn’t like at all… and apparently didn’t bother to photograph!!

Here’s the second one!dangling_ornament, card, rubber_stamping, frostwood_lodge, dsp, designer_series_paper, bakers_twine, christmas, cas, clean_and_simple, super_saturday, tutorial, createdbyu, sharon_field, blogspot, dimensionals, shading, light_source, aqua_painterIt’s fun… the ornament ‘hangars’ are actually marker lines drawn directly onto the card stock.   A sponge dauber was used to dye the taffeta ribbon to match riding hood red card stock, and basic pearl jewels were added to the centers of itty bitty punch pack flowers. 

Reminds me of a classic “redwork” quilt… red and white, or red and vanilla format, and a very CAS look.

The THIRD ‘dangling ornament’ card I made strayed from the classic two color venue… using Frostwood Lodge Designer Series Paper (DSP), Shimmer Mist, and Bakers Twine with couple ‘extra’ twists…dangling_ornament, card, rubber_stamping, frostwood_lodge, dsp, designer_series_paper, bakers_twine, christmas, cas, clean_and_simple, super_saturday, tutorial, createdbyu, sharon_field, blogspot, dimensionals, shading, light_source, aqua_painterThe shadow’s appearing below the dangling ornaments is not from lighting…. but it’s pretty cool!dangling_ornament, card, rubber_stamping, frostwood_lodge, dsp, designer_series_paper, bakers_twine, christmas, cas, clean_and_simple, super_saturday, tutorial, createdbyu, sharon_field, blogspot, dimensionals, shading, light_source, aqua_painterUsing Baja Breeze Classic Ink and an Aqua Painter, they were painted in place!!  This was accomplished by shining a light source from the right side of the card towards the left…. and simply painting in the shadows with my aqua painter, too cool!!  Typically I would use Bashful Blue Classic Ink to achieve this look… it’s my ‘go to’ color… but taking cues from the DSP, I think the Baja Breeze Classic Ink worked well, perhaps better!  What do you think?

Tree tops stamped along the bottom edge of whisper white card stock are ok… but I wish I had stamped more or something… needs shadows don’t you think? 

ANYWAY… one or both of these cards will be part of my next Christmas Card Installment Class, LOL… depends upon where my mind goes in the mean time!

Hope to see you at the craft show!  If you’re in the area, please stop by… if not, I’m sure I’ll be sharing photos and projects in the near future!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Those are great Sharon! I especially like card #2 with the great rich colors! Love all of your ornaments! Have fun and good luck at the craft show!

irishgalkelly said...

Hi Sharon! I think it is sweet of you to post something for us even when life gets in the way of your "planned publication". Most just wouldn't blog that day. We are always here to see what you have to show us, so don't ever worry about that! Love you ornament cards, especially the last one. It's the charming dsp and baker's twine I think. Hope you have a fun day at your craft show!

lisa808 said...

Cute cards! Good luck with the craft show.

Fabiola said...

superbes, elles sont vraiment superbes, biz

Charlotte said...

You certainly didn't disappoint. Both of your ornament cards are super! And, you are sooooo generous to do the Super Saturday Tutorials, that we don't mind waiting for them. We all know how busy life can get - and, we'd rather wait than not have them at all! Hope you have a GREAT day!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love these cards, especially the first one. Wish I could pull them up bigger though, it looks like you embossed the circles for the ornaments perhaps, but I can't really tell. Old eyes yanno. lol

nana_cindy42 said...

These are neat! I like both of them. And the shadow color is perfect. I like the idea of 'redwork' in the first one. And love the shimmer on the 2nd card. I, too, wish we could click on them to make them bigger to be able to see more detail.

I don't know how you can keep up this blog every day with all you do. I always look forward to your blog everyday, but would understand if you couldn't post something once in a 'great' while. lol

Your creations are worth waiting for and seeing. HUGS!

Carey said...

How sweet of you to post these even though life was in the way. Thanks for thinking of us.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

Patrice H said...

You are so stinking cool to give us Hot Tips all the time. I would never have used a light source to get the shadow. You teach us so much all the time. Have a great Craft Show