Wednesday, October 5, 2011

One of MY Favorite Christmas Cards 2011

Welcome back!  Today is the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge number 7!  Gosh, it’s hard to believe we’re already into our seventh sketch and week as a design team!

I’ve been eagerly awaiting the day that I could share this card… this card just may be MY personal favorite Christmas Card  I’ve made so far, this year!  It’s not in traditional Christmas colors, LOL… but I happen to think it’s a real WOW card!  There’s a whole lot going on!  I hope you like it too!SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksI’m dreaming of a Blue Christmas… reminds me of that holiday song!  LOL… I misinterpreted my sketch of the SQSC07 sketch… and then kind of got carried away working on this Christmas card… definitely one of those lost track of time days!  When I uploaded my card to the design team site, I was really quite surprised at how much I had changed the original intent of the card!SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksSee what I mean?  My sketch indicated layered papers and two button bows, with a couple mats and sentiment in the upper left corner.  Just so you know where I was going…SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksSo… my layered paper across the page became an oval layered with paper from the Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper (DSP) and DSP color stacks.  The Bashful Blue and Marina Mist shades complimented the Very Vanilla and Silver Glimmer Paper elements pretty well, don’t you think?SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksThe two button bows became brad and rhinestone layered silver glimmer paper snowflakes…SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksThe snowflakes were popped, and layered with very vanilla 5/8” brads, flower brads, and rhinestones.SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksThe triple doily punch layers of brushed silver card stock and silver glimmer paper accent the “Merry Christmas” rhinestone accented greeting from the Petite Pairs stamp set… With all that glimmer paper, rhinestones were added in differing sizes to represent a hanging, sparkling ornament tied with a bow.SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksThe upper left corner looked a little blah, in spite of embossed, striped DSP… so the tiny flower from the itty bitty punch pack was used to punch scraps of silver glimmer paper, and then topped with tiny rhinestone jewels too.SQSC07, Sharon_Field, WOW, Triple Doily Punch, Stampin_Queens, Marina_mist, Very Vanilla, triple doily punch, itty bitty punch, brads, rhinestones, jewels, velvet ribbon, embossing, silver glimmer paper, beau chateau, designer series paper, color paper stacksChantilly Lace and Velvet Ribbon were layered across the middle of the ornament.  LOL.. I thought the ornament looked a little blah, so added a flower brad to it too!  Looking at the photo, I see I need to trim the taffeta ribbon bow a bit more… Yikes!

I’ve had a chance to preview some of the design team cards, I think you’re going to be truly inspired by their incredible samples this week!

So… why not play along with the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Design Team this week?  You can use the real sketch… and it doesn’t have to be crazy with layers like mine!  You know the drill!

I’ve been working hard on classes, tutorials, and on upcoming craft shows… check my classes and events tab and register early!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

18 comments:

Angel Hawks said...

Sharon, this is such a beautiful card! You did an awesome job. I'm a big fan!

Angel Hawks
www.MakeSomethingCute.com

lisa808 said...

Sharon, I love this card! It is stunning, sparkly, and elegant.

Fabiola said...

magnifique, je te comprends, super chic et très élégante, biz

Card Crazy said...

So delicate, soft and lovely. Absolutely stunning with all the sparkle and glimmer.
Sue S.

Libby said...

Oh I just love this. It must have taken you ages to make. Beautiful

Donna Ellis said...

Oh My! Sharon, what a gorgeous card! I haven't seen anyone jewel-layer the snowflakes in this fashion. SO PRETTY - and I like the layering where the snowflakes are not all on the same layer. Beautiful card with wonderful elements!
Thanks for a great card share,
Donna

Leigh said...

Stunning card Sharon, love all the glitter and sparkle.

nana_cindy42 said...

Absolutely stunning! I love it! It's so Christmasy and sparkly perfect!!!

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Such a fabulous card and layout. I love blue Christmas cards. You've put so much on this card, I hardly know where to begin looking. And then, I looked at your class schedule - - my goodness girl, where do you find the time?
Cheesy

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Sharon! This card is spectacular! I'm wondering HOW you punched that shimmer paper! I cannot get mine through my punches! Is there a trick?????

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Wow! I'd say it's a wow card! So many different elements to it! I bet it weighs a ton! And as for time? I hope your recipient LOVES it! Maybe you should frame it!

Karin said...

Awesome card! You layered the snowflakes with very vanilla 5/8” brads, flower brads, and rhinestones... how did you do a brad on a brad? Did you cut the back of one off? I haven't yet tried the flower brads - they always looked to "plasticky" (is that a word? lol) but I guess it really depends on how you use it!!

Anonymous said...

Christmas Cards are my favorite! This one is over the top! Right up my alley! Thanks!
Toodles,
Candy

Anonymous said...

I love the snowflakes the best! Gorgeous card and what effort!
Gale S.

DooDuhh said...

Sharon, This card is exquisite!!! Blue & white are my fav Christmas colors for cards!!! The bling is totally oustanding!!! You are amazing!!! Loves & Hugs

Charlotte said...

Have had such a busy week, and am just now getting to spend some time checking out what you've been up to this week! Just LOVE your blue and silver Christmas card. Great design, and wonderful detail.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Cathy... I have found that if I face the glimmer paper toward the opening aka bottom side of the punch, it works quite smoothly when punching glimmer paper, no problem.

Karin... I mis-spoke in my post! They were Filigree brads... which have a natural opening to insert the brad.. no problem!

Thanks for all your lovely comments!

Terri said...

Sharon, this card is beautiful!