Friday, October 28, 2011

It’s a Zoo Challenge, Kindness Matters!

Bet you’re wondering what that’s all about!  I wasn’t sure what I would do with today’s post… so I turned to some challenge sites for inspiration!

This first card is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge SSSC140, and features all five images from the Zoo Review stamp set!SSSC140_ZooReview_By_SharonField_102811MainDo you recognize the designer series paper (DSP) on the upper half of the card?  Look just a little bit familiar maybe?  LOL… it’s from the Beau Chateau DSP pack! 

Originally the paper was a pink background with gold chicken wire.  Wanting something more reminiscent of a zoo-like background, I sponged the paper with wisteria wonder, lucky limeade and not quite navy classic ink! Zoo Review Close up #1 Now it blends much better with the zoo theme, and stripe embossed brushed silver card stock too!Zoo Review Challenge Lion and bearHere’s a challenge within the challenge… don’t these guys look like they’re about to rumble?SSSC140_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot_By_Sharon_FieldHere’s the Sweet Sunday Sketch, SSSC140 <—Click if You’d like to see what everyone else did or play along!

I’ve got a second card for you today too!  This one is based on  Nance Leedy’s sketch for The Paper Players, PPA68!PPA68_Challenge_KindnessMattersBySharonField1028_MainStamps and images are from the Kindness Matters stamp set.  I chose that particular set because there was already a big “K” on the background First Edition DSP.friday_closeup_sparkle_layeredflower_1028_PPA68-2This flower is a combination of the Daisy Triple Layer punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, a medium Paper Daisy sprayed with Champagne Shimmer Mist, and a basic black brad.friday_ppa68-3_rolledflowerpetalsA solid Daisy Triple Layer punch was snipped towards the center, and each formed petal curled with my round nosed jewelry pliers before attaching with a stampin’ dimensional to the wide striped grosgrain ribbon.friday_ppa68-4_butterflyandsentimentAfter cutting out the butterfly from Kindness Matters, I also curled the wings with my round nosed jewelry pliers.PP69_on_Createdbyu_BlogspotHere’s the sketch from The Paper Players <—Click to play along or view all the other challenge cards submitted this week!

See you tomorrow with a new Super Saturday Tutorial!  I heard there’s Glimmer Paper involved!

 Winking smile

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Lesley Croghan said...

How pretty your card is with Nance;s sketch! Your flowers are really pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
Smiles,
Lesley

Anne Marie said...

Hi Sharon! I just love the black/white/red combo and that pop of shimmer on the flowers. Using the ribbon as a "banner" is such a fabulous touch, too. Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! Hugs! :)

Karen said...

Both cards are lovely, but I am so very partial to red, black and white, so I was wowed by that card and the beautiful flowers you created. You are a good friend to help yours move!!

jaydee said...

Sharon, what a wonderful take on the sketch. I love your strong color scheme and your use of the punches to change up the flowers and add so much interest. Great idea to use the ribbon as the banner, too!
So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Nance Leedy said...

Fabulous cards Sharon! Love the card using my sketch. Great job with the ribbon as the flagged banner and I love your take on the flowers--so clever! So glad you played along with my sketch at The Paper Players!

Julie Marshall said...

Love these papers together...how clever to use the 'K'. I'm already thinking of my 'K' friends I can use this for ;) The wide ribbon is perfect and I love the coloring of the butterfly. So glad you joined us this week at the Paper Players!

Cindy Hall said...

I'm lovin' that color combo, too! Great job! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Fabiola said...

superbe! biz