Thursday, October 13, 2011

CS52C Funky Four Color Challenge

Funky Four is one of those stamp sets that I purchased, and then wasn’t sure what to do with it.  I’ve actually owned if for quite a while.  The stamp set has four images, all somewhat whimsical… a branch, flower, tree, and four mushrooms all in a row.

LOL… the mushrooms remind me of the psychedelic funky mushrooms that were painted on Volkswagen Vans, and around the Haight Ashbury District of San Francisco in the late 60’s.  They were always bright and colorful, whimsical images representing… hmm.  What would I know?  I was just a kid in middle school!

My mushrooms are more demure, not quite as funky or psychedelic as those from the late 60’s!P1070408

But I did play around a bit with allusion effects while making this card… P1070410

I used the brush tip of a Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker to add grassy stuff along the bottom across the funky four mushrooms.   And added shadows all around each mushroom, and the popped up greeting with a Baja Breeze classic ink and an aqua painter… and added shadows around the brads, beneath the linen thread, and around the Cajun Craze card stock with a Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write marker.P1070412

The Versamarker faded, so I applied the shadows a couple of times…P1070413

And you have to look closely to see it beneath the linen thread.  I wanted a bit more contrast on the Soft Suede Die Cut Scallop Square layer, so I used a Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker to create that shadow… from far away, it looks like another layer, doesn’t it?P1070415

The shadow you see beneath the Soft Suede Die Cut layer is again Baja Breeze Ink applied with a Stampin’ Write Marker… it’s not a shadow from the lighting at all!

Just two layers were actually popped up on this card… the Crumb Cake and Soft Suede card stock layers.  Everything else has the appearance of being popped due to the painted shadows.

Why did I do this?  Perhaps because I was totally bored with the card and needed something to say about it?  What do you think?P1070409

Here’s the inspiration piece for today’s Creative-Sketches Design Team Challenge!!  Hope you’ll play along…CS52C_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

And… You know the drill!

Tomorrow I’ve got some very special projects to share… and a fun Big Shot Blog Hop with the folks at Stampin’ Addicts!  We’ve all been working diligently with our selected Big Shot Dies and stuff… I think you’re going to be pleasantly surprised at all the projects and ideas you’ll find on this weekend’s tour!

Because of the tour… my Super Saturday Tutorial  has been postponed to Monday… but then I’ll share a new 3-d project with step by step directions! 

ALSO… on Monday I’ll be announcing the winners of the CPC passes.. there’s still time to enter.. check out this Blog Candy  Post for details and information!

Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s…

CS52C Funky Four Color Challenge:

Stamps:  Friendly Phrases, Funky Four

Classic Ink:  Soft Suede, Baja Breeze

Card Stock:  Basic Black, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla

Big Shot Machine and Accessories:  Square_Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Scallop Square Die

Other  Accessories:                                                                     Simply Scored Board, Neutral Brads, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Write Markers, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Aqua Painter

See you tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

justkeepingbusy said...

LOVE IT!! The colors are great and I like how you put the little hash marks at the bottom to give it dimension. I have this set and haven't used it... this is inspiring!

trine said...

Hi
so nice to get a visit from you in my blog.
Thank you.
so many great cards you have made​​.
have a great afternoon
Hugs
Trine

Fabiola said...

tout pleine de charme, biz

Heidi said...

Hi Sharon, I love the mushrooms on this cutie! I love the way you used the sentiment too! Thanks for visiting my blog. It's great to make new friends!

lisa808 said...

Cute & fun card.

Dot said...

Thank you for your sweet comment at my place.
Lovely cards you are making, I a had a cozy time here.
hugs Dorte

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Great colors! Love the little 'shrooms! TFS!