Thursday, October 6, 2011

CS51S Masculine Card with Mocha Morning

I loved yesterday’s challenge and card, but I’m really having a tough time with today’s challenge sketch and card…  don’t say I didn’t warn you! 

Welcome back!  Today’s Creative Sketches Design Team Challenge sketch is a bit different than anything I’ve seen recently, and I don’t mind telling you that I really struggled with this one!

I think I was still stuck in the brown and masculine theme of Tuesday’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge when I made today’s card…CS51S, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_Blogspot, Mocha Morning Specialty designer series paper, autumn days, antique brads, postage stamp punch, new demo kit, stmapin up, rock n roll, technique, splitcoast stampers, crimper, antique brads, punches, big shot, special, contact me, sponging, embossping, polka dots

I guess it kind of grows on you…CS51S, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_Blogspot, Mocha Morning Specialty designer series paper, autumn days, antique brads, postage stamp punch, new demo kit, stmapin up, rock n roll, technique, splitcoast stampers, crimper, antique brads, punches, big shot, special, contact me, sponging, embossping, polka dots, masculine_Card, soft_suede

After playing around with different textured impressions embossing folders, I finally settled on Perfect Polka Dots.  After sponging it with Soft Suede Classic Ink, it complimented the dotted pattern found in the Mocha Morning Designer Series Paper used on the card face.CS51S, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_Blogspot, Mocha Morning Specialty designer series paper, autumn days, antique brads, postage stamp punch, new demo kit, stmapin up, rock n roll, technique, splitcoast stampers, crimper, antique brads, punches, big shot, special, contact me, sponging, embossping, polka dots, masculine_Card, soft_suede

A couple stamping details:

  • The new postage stamp punch was used to cut out the steps in the Mocha Morning DSP, and also behind the three leaves from the Autumn Days Stamp Set.
  • The tiny Maple Leaf was inked with various fall colors, and then I used the rock ‘n roll technique* putting a little extra complimentary color along the edges of each leaf.
  • Edges were all sponged with soft suede classic ink, and the focal images were popped up on the card surface.
  • A paper crimper was used on the accent color pieces… and then they were also sponged!

CS51S, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_Blogspot, Mocha Morning Specialty designer series paper, autumn days, antique brads, postage stamp punch, new demo kit, stmapin up, rock n roll, technique, splitcoast stampers, crimper, antique brads, punches, big shot, special, contact me, sponging, embossping, polka dots, masculine_Card, soft_suede

STILL loving Antique Brads, are you? 

LOL… whenever I open the antique brad container and pick up this brass colored one, when I turn it over I expect to see the tree of life!  The flowers are ok… but a tree of life would be an awesome accent, wouldn’t it?

Here’s today’s sketch… LOL, so you can check how much I screwed it up… um, I mean changed it.CS51S, Sharon_Field, Createdbyu_Blogspot, Mocha Morning Specialty designer series paper, autumn days, antique brads, postage stamp punch, new demo kit, stmapin up, rock n roll, technique, splitcoast stampers, crimper, antique brads, punches, big shot, special, contact me, sponging, embossping, polka dots, masculine_Card, soft_suede

Can you believe I left out a couple layers on those medallions?  Wow… missed opportunity!

I’ve already had a chance to preview the design team gallery… you’re in for a treat when you view their cards!  Hope you’ll take a minute or two to play along with us at Creative-Sketches this week too!  You know the drill!

*For more information on the Rock ‘N Roll Technique, visit Splitcoast Stampers resource center for a great tutorial!

Did you see the fabulous demonstrator kit special for the month of October?  All I can say is WOW!  Wish they had a free big shot machine when I signed on!!  Details on the offer may be reviewed HERE.

All products used on today’s challenge card are exclusive to Stampin’ Up!  Order at my online Stampin’ Up! Store and have your exclusive product delivered right to your door!  If you have any questions, or need additional help, please feel free to contact me!

I hope to see you back here tomorrow for a new card share…

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Love this masculine card. They are so hard to come up with. Thanks for a great inspiration.
Cheesy

Donna Ellis said...

Sharon, I LOVE your card - especially the colors. Very Fall, and could easily be masculine or feminine. When first viewing this sketch, I wondered how the stair-step pattern was accomplished. Did you cut it by hand? Too bad about missing the opportunity of adding more layers LOL Thanks for always sharing.

nana_cindy42 said...

Very nice, Sharon.

Ellen said...

Sharon I really like this card. I always find it difficult to do masculine cards but this would be perfect. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great! Masculine cards are always overlooked thanks for keeping our men in mind!
toodles,
Candy

Anonymous said...

What a difficult design to use! I especially like the little leaves. I don't know that I particulary like the stair step. But that is just my opinion, nothing bad about the work!
Gale

DooDuhh said...

Love...Love...Love the design, & autumn colors!!! The design is dynamic!!! Way to go!!! Loves & Hugs

Charlotte said...

I'm always needing some ideas for masculine cards, and I absolutely LOVE this one! Thanks for sharing it!

Fabiola said...

superbe interpretation, biz